GO!

Vitamin E oil anyone?

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Milo

I'm cute, and I- know it.

Purred: Thu Apr 12, '07 12:54pm PST 
I have recently discovered that I LOVE the vitamin E oil Mommy uses. I got a taste of it one day and I have been HogWild for it ever since. I don't know what it is but I can't seem to control myself from licking it. My Mommy doesn't let me lick it because she does not know if it is harmful for me or not. I tell you, she tries her best, but I do get a lick in here and there. Mommy wanted to know if it is really harmful or not for me. If it is really bad she will just have to stop using it all together (it is the pure vitamin E oil, nothing else). If anyone knows anything, it would be very helpful, Thanks
purrs
Milo
[notify]

Milo

Purred: Thu Apr 12, '07 1:27pm PST 
I forgot to mention it is the vitamin E oil that you rub on your skin. Yummy yummy!
[notify]

Emmett McGee- 4/15/94- 9/3/08

Outta My Way.

Purred: Thu Apr 12, '07 3:35pm PST 
I hate mom's vitamin E oil. When she puts it on, I stay several feet away. I guess this doesn't help you figure out why you like it, but just so you know it's not an every-kitty thing. But what do I know? I chew plastic and hide in the cellar when the ceiling fan comes on. We're all different! I hope it's not bad for you!
[notify]

Milo

Purred: Sun Apr 15, '07 8:00am PST 
Thanks for your response Emmett, my Mommy has always suspected I was a little different smile I see you have your quirks too, so I am not alone!

Edited by author Sun Apr 15, '07 8:01am PST

[notify]

Abby Angel- at Rainbow- Bridge

Guardian- Angel

Purred: Sun Apr 15, '07 5:57pm PST 
Hi Milo! wave

What else is in your mommy's Vit E oil? Vitamin E oil supplement is perfectly safe for kitties to lick a little bit of. But there might be other ingredients added to a cosmetic Vit E oil that may not be so good.

kitty
[notify]

Milo

Purred: Mon Apr 16, '07 9:31am PST 
Hi Abby
There is nothing else in the vitamin E oil, it is 100% pure. Mommy was just concerned about a vitamin E over dose, if that is possible.

purrs
Milo
[notify]

Morris

Living in the- Lap of Luxury

Purred: Mon Apr 16, '07 5:26pm PST 
Natural Vitamin E Oil is readily absorbed through the skin, and regular use leaves skin looking and feeling softer. To be sure your Vitamin E Oil is natural, check the color. Natural-source Vitamin E oil is amber to reddish brown. Synthetic oils are usually colorless to pale yellow.
[notify]

Hunter

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

Purred: Mon Apr 16, '07 7:14pm PST 
A deficiency of vitamin E can lead to :

* Poor reproductive performance
* Muscle disease (dystrophy) and weakness
* Progressive retinal atrophy
* Inflammation of body fat (called pansteatitis) in cats
* Brown pigmentation of body fat (called lipofuscinosis)

Too much vitamin E causes a loss of appetite.

When in doubt, contact your vet for their recommendations.
[notify]

Milo

Purred: Tue Apr 17, '07 6:51am PST 
Thank you guys for your responses. I think my Mommy is going to be safe and try to be more secretive when she uses the vitamin e oil. It is probably just better to not give me any chance of licking it.

Purrs
Milo
[notify]

Morrison

Purred: Tue Apr 21, '09 5:42pm PST 
I lick my Mommy vitamin e oil too. I love the stuff. Mommy is putting it in the cupbourd, but when she takes it out I sometimes get a lick of the cap. Why do I love it so much?confused
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2