GO!

Sometimes, my cats eye leaks Tears???

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Persephone

A model in a- Cats body

Purred: Sat Mar 24, '07 1:18am PST 
it's always the same eye. i usually take really soft tissues and wipe the tears away and then she squints it until it tears up again, and then i wipe it again and it eventually clears up... Why does her eye do that?
[notify]

Booger

Purred: Sat Mar 24, '07 8:06am PST 
I don't know Persephone's history, but most likely it's caused from one of two things. It is possible that she has a defect of the tear duct which she's had since birth. But, the most probably cause is damage to the tear duct from a previous eye infection. One of the cats in the house, Tui, had conjunctivitis as a kitten (most likely caused from feline viral rhinotracheitis (FVR). Since then, her left eye is 'leaky' most of the time. As long as the drainage is clear, there is no irritation, and there are no signs of an underlying upper respiratory infection, there is very little to be worried about.

~Booger~
[notify]

Persephone

A model in a- Cats body

Purred: Sat Mar 24, '07 3:12pm PST 
She's never had an eye infection, I've had her ever since she was a young kitten, but they never told me about her past no matter how many times I asked so it could be that! Thank you so much =)
[notify]

Persephone

A model in a- Cats body

Purred: Sat Mar 24, '07 3:12pm PST 
She's never had an eye infection, I've had her ever since she was a young kitten, but they never told me about her past no matter how many times I asked so it could be that! Thank you so much =)
[notify]