GO!

Need help with vet bills?

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 9 of 12: Viewing entries 81 to 90)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  
Sable - ~Love you- Always~

Ride the Wild- Wind

Purred: Sun Aug 24, '08 9:33pm PST 
Thanks for this!
[notify]

Hambone

SF Hammer

Purred: Thu Sep 11, '08 6:15pm PST 
kitty

Seimei

Purred: Fri Sep 12, '08 8:36am PST 
bump.... Meowmy is gonna go look at that right now.

My Meowmy is disabled, and my sister Megumi helps her with a lot of things, including anxiety control, and watching out for meowmy to have problems. (She can tell Meowmy to sit down before meowmy gets sick.)

Megumi is really ill, meowmy is forcing pills and food. Megumi is really mad at meowmy and cusses her out and hides. Meowmy cries.

Meowmy set up a fundraiser to help with big sister's vet bills.

http://www.zazzle.com/trinlayk/products?pg=1

and she is still selling her craftwork, but income will go to the vet for awhile:

http://www.trinlayk.etsy.com

Please pass these links around to fellow cat lovers, I think meowmy's zazzle art on things is really cool.

Gonna go look at your list now!
[notify]

Seimei

Purred: Sat Sep 13, '08 7:07pm PST 
Almost all of the agencies on the list are unable to take applications for assistance because donations are down.

Some of the agencies have shut down their contact mailboxes or websites as well...

Hopefully, things will pick up for them.
[notify]

Hazel Lucy &- Mazie & Max

tiny gumdrop

Purred: Thu Dec 25, '08 6:06am PST 
Update as of December 25, 2008:
Most organizations are in need of funds.

www.imom.org
For life threatening emergencies -- only

www.aahahelpingpets.org
for needed medical care

www.angels4animals.org
helps animals who face being euthanized due to financial hardship

www.catsincrisis.org
Due to a decline in donations our grant amounts will be $75 - 100

www.fveap.org
California only

www.help-a-pet.org
To qualify, your annual income must be below $20,000 for an individual household or

$40,000 for a family household (amount varies upon the number of dependents)

www.shakespeareanimalfund.com
no programs

www.thepetfund.com
ALL applicants are REQUIRED to contact The Pet Fund by phone BEFORE applying for

funding. Call 916-443-6007. This way, we can ensure that all applicants are aware of both

the current wait list time and the eligibility requirements for applying for financial assistance.

www.uan.org
Grants are $100-$300
LifeLine Rescue Grant: To help a rescued animal that has been recently (within one

month) taken from a life-threatening situation.
LifeLine Individual Grant: To help pets with a responsible owner who cannot afford the

cost of urgent and lifesaving care.

www.felineoutreach.org
no funds for assistance as of Dec 20008

www.browndogfoundation.org
no funding until approx. 2010

http://www.petloversonline.co.uk/FirstPage.htm
Financial assistance for the U.K.
[notify]

Hazel Lucy &- Mazie & Max

tiny gumdrop

Purred: Thu Dec 25, '08 1:25pm PST 
Updated List of Organizations that may help with vet bills. Lack of funding has limited them greatly, some are out of business.

Care Credit
[www.carecredit.com]
A credit card company for health care, including veterinary care. "Care Credit, the leader in patient/client financing, has helped more than 3 million patients/clients get the treatment or procedures they needed and wanted. Large range of plan options, for treatment or procedure fees from $1 to over $25,000, they offer a plan and a low monthly payment to fit comfortably into almost every budget."

www.imom.org
For life threatening emergencies -- only

www.aahahelpingpets.org
for needed medical care

www.angels4animals.org
helps animals who face being euthanized due to financial hardship

www.catsincrisis.org
Due to a decline in donations our grant amounts will be $75 - 100

www.fveap.org
California only

www.help-a-pet.org
To qualify, your annual income must be below $20,000 for an individual household or $40,000 for a family household (amount varies upon the number of dependents)

www.thepetfund.com
ALL applicants are REQUIRED to contact The Pet Fund by phone BEFORE applying for funding. Call 916-443-6007. This way, we can ensure that all applicants are aware of both the current wait list time and the eligibility requirements for applying for financial assistance.

www.uan.org
Grants are $100-$300
a. LifeLine Rescue Grant: To help a rescued animal that has been recently (within one month) taken from a life-threatening situation.
b. LifeLine Individual Grant: To help pets with a responsible owner who cannot afford the cost of urgent and lifesaving care.

www.felineoutreach.org
no funds for assistance as of Dec 20008

www.browndogfoundation.org
no funding until approx. 2010

www.shakespeareanimalfund.com
no programs

http://www.petloversonline.co.uk/FirstPage.htm
Financia l assistance for the U.K.
[notify]

Ben

I fetch,- therefore I am.

Purred: Mon Oct 5, '09 11:46pm PST 
way to go

SYDNEY

PET LOVE IS- FOREVER

Purred: Mon Nov 23, '09 4:53pm PST 
If I knew there were resources out there like this, I would have my friend buddy with me still. My Buddy became sick befre Christmass a couple of years ago. I took him to the vet on Saturday because he had noticible simptoms of a Urinary trac infection. My worst fears were confirmed. I was sent home with some antibiotics and told to take him to the emergency care clinic if he became worse. He went from peeing in small amounts to not going at all. I took him to the emergency care clinc and was told he had a blockage and without surgery could only survive another 24 hours. The surigcal bill was around $900. There was no one that feels the way I do about my friends to lend me the money and I couldnt bear to see Buddy in pain so I made one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make and that was to say good bye to my friend and companion. It seems like every time I have to take one of my friends into the vet under similar circumstances I end up saying good bye to them. I find it very hard to believe that any veteraniarian in good conscience can think that euthanasia is an alternative to compasion. I asked them if they would consider a payment plan and they flat out said no. And then on Monay when I called my vets office they said I should have waited until Monday and they wold have worked something out with me. I am a single working woman taking in pets that others felt were desposable and had no worth when they outgrew their cuteness or became too much trouble to care for. Sometimes I dont get groceries for myself if my hairy kids need something. I live from paycheck to paycheck. Sure my bills are paid but there is not much left over for emergencies. I commend anyone that thinks that money should not be the reason that a family friend should have to give up their life and another pet mother should have to go ome with an empty carrying case that once held er best friend and a heart so broken it feels like it will never mend. You are angels without wings.
[notify]

Gumpy Sweet- Boy

Love wrapped in- fur

Purred: Mon Nov 23, '09 5:05pm PST 
I'm so sorry you had to go through that.hugBuddy will always know that you loved him. Now you know there are some options if you have to face something like that again.
Hugs and purrs to you...
[notify]

Mary

I was born royal

Purred: Sat Nov 28, '09 4:32pm PST 
Oh how tragic.
It hurts my heart to think that finances should keep an animal lover without a furry friend.
My goal is to set up an organization for just that issue. I hope to have it up and running in a year. No one should have to experience what you did with Buddy.
[notify]

(Page 9 of 12: Viewing entries 81 to 90)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12