GO!

strongid t - dosages and worms now coming out?

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Strange

Princess

Purred: Tue Aug 22, '06 8:23pm PST 
strongid t is always what the vets gave mommy to deworm kittens and when we were adults. but mommy cant remember how many times a week or per month shes allowed to give it to us to get rid of the worms. does anyone know how often it can be given?

and now that mommys distributed it, is it normal for the worms to still be coming out alive? and kind of a yellowy colour..which is the colour of the strongid t.
since mommy gave the meds to me and my son and his mommy, she didnt think they had them but she thought she should give it to them anyways..is it normal for her to actually see seedy things around my sons bum now that hes had the meds...because she picked 2 little seedy things off his bum tonight, which she hasnt seen any before. would the meds be forcing the worms out of all of us this way, or should they just be diying?

sorry for all the questions, mommys kinda confused.
[notify]

Fuzzy

Mz.Bully

Purred: Tue Aug 22, '06 8:45pm PST 
I would honestly tell mommy to call the vet and ask these questions. Also most companys have a website that will tell you about the product and how to use it. My mommy uses Advantage, even though we don't go outside she still uses it it as a precaution. It kills roundworm and hookworm, plus fleas and earmites.

Good Luck, please keep us updated.
[notify]

Strange

Princess

Purred: Tue Aug 22, '06 9:55pm PST 
thanks fuzzy
[notify]

Fuzzy

Mz.Bully

Purred: Wed Aug 23, '06 3:27am PST 
I put the wrong name, mommy uses Revolution. I was alittle confused, sorry.
[notify]

Hunter

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

Purred: Wed Aug 23, '06 9:51am PST 
Strongid should be given 2 times...spaced 2 weeks apart. As far as the "seedy" things. These are tapeworms and need an entirely different kind of medication. (Droncit). The worms that you kill with strongid are roundworms and hookworms. They should be dead when leaving the body, or die shortly thereafter.
[notify]

Strange

Princess

Purred: Thu Aug 24, '06 10:59pm PST 
thanks hunter
[notify]