GO!

Dirty Butt???

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Punkin

Lizard Hunter- Extraordinaire

Purred: Tue Aug 1, '06 7:23pm PST 
I just got my semi-weekly cleaning and Momma is wondering if anycat else has problems with residue collecting around your butt. Is this something that Momma needs to take me to the vet for or is it possibly the fact that I just can't get around to clean myself properly? I don't have diarrhea, but I constantly have to be bathed to clean up my dirty butt. Any suggestions?
[notify]

Stinky- (2000-2008)

I'm free from- everything- now...

Purred: Tue Aug 1, '06 7:30pm PST 
I know how you feel Punkin(*looking down embarrassed)
But I have the same problem. Momma thinks my belly is too big for me to reach all the way around to properly clean myself. BUT I do sometimes have diarrhea (when I eat my sisters food) and that can be messy at times but momma keeps an eye on me because daddy gets FURIOUS!
So anyways, this is a topic that is also interesting to us
[notify]

Stinky- (2000-2008)

I'm free from- everything- now...

Purred: Tue Aug 1, '06 7:33pm PST 
I know how you feel Punkin(*looking down embarrassed)
But I have the same problem. Momma thinks my belly is too big for me to reach all the way around to properly clean myself. BUT I do sometimes have diarrhea (when I eat my sisters food) and that can be messy at times but momma keeps an eye on me because daddy gets FURIOUS!
So anyways, this is a topic that is also interesting to us
[notify]

Loki

my Fluffernutter

Purred: Wed Aug 2, '06 6:51am PST 
My Loki's mom has never tought her babies to clean that well in the nether regions- when he gets down to that area he just wrinkles his nose, sticks out his tongue - like Yuck I am not touching that and I still have to clean his butt with baby wipes ever so often .
[notify]

Hunter

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

Purred: Wed Aug 2, '06 9:20am PST 
Punkin, it sounds like you may not be able to reach around to throughly clean yourself. You may want to consider having the area around your butt shaved, to help keep it cleaner. I don't know if you are getting a full bath each time, but your mom/dad could get a warm washcloth w/ some kitty shampoo or dawn dishsoap on it to clean the area that is dirty. Just make sure they wash it well afterwards (a washcloth works here too) w/ plain water.
[notify]

Dutch

Mama's Lap Cat

Purred: Wed Aug 2, '06 11:22am PST 
I have that problem too but it's because Grandmaw ran over me with her car when I was a kitten. It broke my hips and my leg, and now I can't clean my butt anymore. Sometimes I have a leaky butt too. That was six years ago, but still, my butt is always dirty. I guess it's never gonna get any better. I'm always havin' to get my butt wiped with a moist towelette! My sister Luna has the same problem but it's because she's overweight and just can't reach back there... so Mom had to shave her. She's a long hair cat, and it was just too messy with all that hair!

PUNKIN POOH

ZOO KEEPER

Purred: Wed Aug 2, '06 11:27am PST 
Hey its okay, my butt stays dirty a lot too. Mommy don`t know if I am just lazy or if I can`t reach there real good. So mommy cleans it for me. It is not a medical problem though.
Mine could be because I have to take a pepcid pill every day.
[notify]

Sydney (Rest In Peace)

Maneki Neko

Purred: Wed Aug 2, '06 4:53pm PST 
My butt was always dirty. Mom thought it was because I was fat. She shaved the area (I love it!) and now I keep it clean as a whistle. I can reach back there, I was just choosing not to.
[notify]

Punkin

Lizard Hunter- Extraordinaire

Purred: Thu Aug 3, '06 6:06am PST 
Thank you, everycat, for your info. I'd rather not go to the vet unneccesarily, but you know how our humans are. They get worried about the least little thing. I guess I should be grateful that she's taking such good care of me, but sometimes, I just wish that she'd take a lesson from me and be more relaxed. MOL Thanks again for your input.

May the treats be plentiful.
[notify]

Rascal

Rascal is my- name; Trouble is- my game.

Purred: Thu Aug 3, '06 1:08pm PST 
I don't know what Mom's issue is when my butt is dirty. It doesn't bother me. I have a lot of fuzzy hair on my behind and a couple times a year I manage to get poop stuck back there. Mommy calls it pancake butt because it looks like a brown pancake is stuck on my butt. Still I don't understand what the issue is; mom just gets so worked up. She usually coralls me into the laudry room and uses scissors to cut it out or my butt gets a good washing in the sink. Either way I absolutely hate it!!! I say," Enough of this torture. Dirty cat butts unite!!!!!"

Edited by author Thu Aug 3, '06 1:19pm PST

[notify]

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3