GO!

Hartz Is Killing Us

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Icebox- (Rainbow- Bridge)

Principles ...- Values ...- Common Sense

Purred: Sun Mar 12, '06 3:23pm PST 
Hey everyone. I am sure most of you know by now that one of our catster members has passed on, and it may be due to the use of a Hartz Flea Collar.

Although the cause of her death is not definite, we still need to educate ourselves on the dangers of Hartz and other OTC flea products. We also need to be aware that these products have caused the deaths of many beloved pets.
[notify]

Purred: Sun Mar 12, '06 3:25pm PST 
Here is a list of some online information resources:

For some reason the links dropped out of this post when I added another link the next day. I can't get any links into this post now.

Please look on down 7 posts to see these links.

Edited by author Mon Mar 13, '06 5:41am PST

[notify]

Purred: Sun Mar 12, '06 3:26pm PST 
If you wish:

You can add your name to thisOnline Petition Against Hartz

If you have a pet that passed on due to a hartz product you can add their patch to this Online Quilt For Hartz Victims

All the hearts of our family goes out to those who have needlessly lost their lives, for the love of a dollar.

Edited by author Sun Mar 12, '06 3:57pm PST

Approved by forums moderator

Azurine- Ambrosia

I DID NOT DO IT

Purred: Sun Mar 12, '06 4:38pm PST 
my mommy has signed the partition earlier and her keeps posted on all the updates. It is so sad, and also beware that it can hurt your doggie family too...... all thier products Bluie
[notify]

Amber- (1997-2011)

Purred: Sun Mar 12, '06 6:27pm PST 
That's odd,I've been using Hartz flea and tick products on Amber for years and we've had no problems.
I hope we figure out the problem soon!.
Best of luck,Amber.

Edited by author Sun Mar 12, '06 6:29pm PST

[notify]

Tempest *- Angel,- Rainbow- Bridg

Halloween- Miracle

Purred: Sun Mar 12, '06 6:36pm PST 
OH GOD IF ANYONE IS OUT THERE USING HARTZ PRODUCTS PLEASE STOP, I ALMOST LOST MY CAT SNICKERS TO THEM.SHE HAS A NOW PERMANENT SKIN PROBLEM NOW. WE JUST FOUND OUT EARLIER THIS WEEK WHAT WAS WRONG FINIALLY AFTER ALL THIS TIME. IT WAS FROM USING HARTZ FLEA AND TICK SHAMPOO. WE ONLY USED IT ON HER FOR 3 BATHS AND LOOK SHE IS SUFFERING SO BAD AND THE VETS CANT DO NOTHING ABOUT IT. I WISH ICOULD SUE HARTZ. BUT ITS NO USE. I HATE HARTZ . ALL VETS IN THE STATE OF DE ARE RELAYING THE MESSAGE TO THEIR PATIENTS OWNERS TO STOP USING HARTZ. SO PLEASE STOP USING IT. CATS CANT TELL YOU WHATS WRONG AND WHEN IT FINIALLY HAPPENS IT CAN BE TOO LATE. PLEASE THIS IS FOR REAL. i NOW USE ORGANIC SHAMPOO FOR ALL MY CATS ITS AFFORDABLE AND SAFE FOR CATS AND HUMAN. THEY MAKE IT FOR DOGS TOO. IT HAS A ORANGE SMELL AND WORKS SO MUCH BETTER. GOD SPEED THAT YOU SEND THIS OUT TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS. GOD PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANY BABIES THAT HAVE PASSED FROM THIS TOXIC BRAND (HARTZ) PLEASE TAKE CARE OF THEM AND LET THEM KNOW ITS NOT ANYTHING THEY DID NOR DID THEIR OWNER DID WRONG. OWNERS WHO HAVE BEEN USING THIS PLEASE STOP. FOR THE BABIES SAKES AND YOURS. this is from snickers owner. I am serious people. She is permanatly scared for life now. I feel so bad i didnt know. Only a few times use can mean death, perm. scars, blindness, sores all over body. god knows what else. STOP USING IT PLEASE.
[notify]

♥ Toby II ♥

Pam & Toby

Purred: Sun Mar 12, '06 8:07pm PST 
I am so sorry for all those cats who died from using Heartz, I am so, so, so, glad that I didn't use Heartz on any of my pets. DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT USE HEARTZ PRODUCTS, IT CAN KILL YOUR PETS.IF YOU USE IT, STOP I MEAN IT, STOP. PLEASE FOR ALL THOSE PETS WHO HAVE DIED.
[notify]

Daphne

Mommy's Daffodil

Purred: Mon Mar 13, '06 3:41am PST 
We signed the petition and passed it along to all of our pet owner friends!
[notify]

Purred: Mon Mar 13, '06 5:33am PST 
Humane Society Of The United States

Hartz Victims

Bender Place

News Report

Care 2

Hartz Products Warning

The EPA

NRDC Health Effect

Judy's Health Cafe

Consumer Affairs
[notify]

♥- Blue- ♥

Bluesy has left- the- building..for- now.

Purred: Mon Mar 13, '06 9:22pm PST 
I am so sorry! We had a cat named Fritz years ago that became extremely ill after we put a Hartz collar on her. She nearly died from the reaction. When our Vet saw her he freaked out that we had Hatrz collars on our 3 cats, Fritz was the only one who got ill but he told us that he had seen deaths from Hartz products before and banned the use of their products with our pets. This was in 1978! Now if he knew back then that cats were dieing from Hartz products, why are they still on the market? Some cats aren't affected by these products at all, but how do you know if your's won't be? Such an awful chance to take. Maggie Masy gets very ill if someone in our area sprays their lawn or plants outside and we have a window open. I personally don't think chemicals and cats mix well at all so I keep them as far away from my pets as possible.

Please be careful!
[notify]

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4