GO!

Am I a Burmese?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Indy

Want to see who- can meow the- loudest?

Purred: Thu May 31, '07 7:39am PST 
HI guys! My parents aren't sure if I am a Russian Blue or a Burmese or maybe mixed of one or the other. Can you help them? I am VERY vocal. very loud. I think they said that's one of the traits of the breeds....

Edited by author Thu May 31, '07 7:42am PST

[notify]

Lucy

Purred: Thu May 31, '07 6:25pm PST 
I think you are a Blue Burmese. Russian Blues have different coloured eyes, more green. You are beautiful!
[notify]

Dulcie

Strangey

Purred: Tue Jul 3, '07 10:04am PST 
Oh, yes. You're definitely Burmese! You look like my feline birth-mummy would've looked.
[notify]

Bug

Pest

Purred: Sat Nov 15, '08 9:49pm PST 
I have had many burmese cats both male and female. They tend to have green to yellow eyes and the male have full faces and the females slinder faces. I feel that they are the most loving of the the breeds that I have had. My Bug is burmese. She isn't vocal but very active. They tend to suckle on the human that they claim. They are also very loyal to that human. I am surly her pet.
[notify]

Princess

Purred: Wed Jul 31, '13 1:00pm PST 
Not Burmese. Burmese cats have darker hair around the ears, eyes and nose that make them look like they are wearing a bandits mask, kind of like Zorro. They also have dark fur on their feet but the fur is never a different color family. If the cat is chocolate the dark spots will be deep brown, if the cat is Champaign the dark spots will be dark beige or medium brown. I have a blue and her dark spots are gray blue like steel wool pads. Your cat is most likely a Blue Russian.
[notify]