GO!

Am I A Bombay Cat?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Cedric Purdy

Cedric the- Loveable Bombay

Purred: Sat Aug 6, '11 11:39pm PST 
MEOW! My owner had just found out that I am a Bombay. I match all the characteristics of a Bombay such as muscular, elongated body structure of panther and fine jet black hair and green eyes. I have a long tail. I am the dominate one of my two half sisters, Holly and Jeanette. I always have to be the first to get attention and also, not to forget, the first to EAT! I just love the attention given here. Also I have a huge appetite. Although my masters feed me twice a day along with dry food I still look for handouts. I am 15 pounds and am very strong. Another thing....every morning I WILL let you know when I want to be fed and will try various tactics such as clawing the furniture, nibbling my masters while they are asleep and meowing at different tones.

Edited by author Sat Aug 6, '11 11:41pm PST

[notify]

Virginia

Little Sweetie- Kitty

Purred: Thu Aug 25, '11 2:45pm PST 
My Mommy thinks I'm at least part Bombay too! cat on moon
[notify]

Purred: Fri Jan 27, '12 12:08pm PST 
I rescued mine from a shelter. He has all the characteristics, all black coat, skin and claws. He is small but muscular and deceivingly heavy for his size. He likes to fetch and take walks. I read somewhere that bombays are susceptible to upper respiratory infections and he once caught a bad cold with a wicked nasal discharge. That said I'm still not 100% sure. Any way to verify?
[notify]

panther, hunter

Purred: Mon Apr 23, '12 5:41pm PST 
i want to know if I am bombay as will.
[notify]

Lola

Proud mother of- the Fab Four!

Purred: Wed Aug 8, '12 8:46am PST 
Not all breeds are as common as others. Bombays are extremely rare. Chances are good that no one who has posted here is a Bombay. Personality characteristics are not all. A Siamese has a distinctive look, but a Bombay and a regular black cat are not that dissimilar to the novice's eye. Take your cat to a cat show as a Household Pet and have a judge make the final pronouncement.
[notify]

Purred: Wed Oct 3, '12 2:23am PST 
My family has 4 cats, all black. I recently purchased a black cat a year ago. Immediately I knew he was different. In the sunlight he appears to stay black, unlike the other 3 that appear brown. He has amber copper colored eyes, while the other 3 have yellow. He is fairly small for his age & he has a kittens meow that he has still yet to grow out of. He is extremely active & loving. He will follow you around the house and chirp at you to hold him. My dad has taught him how to jump in your arms from the ground. If you say his name, he will respond with his chirp like baby meow & will continue to respond to everything you say to him. Is he a Bombay?
[notify]

Miles

Purred: Tue Nov 26, '13 8:45am PST 
My parents are pretty sure I'm a bombay, I match all the details of bombay. I am even polydactyl on all four paws.
[notify]

Purred: Mon Feb 24, '14 5:04pm PST 
I have noticed that many shelters now describe their black "tenants" as "Bombays". Frankly, this pusses me off, since I am a genuine Bombay, black coat, yellow eyes etc.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2