GO!

Arguing & Chasing

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Spike-R.I.P

Meow

Purred: Sun Sep 25, '05 8:50am PST 
I have a problem that's making my human very un easy.Me & amber arn't getting on like we used to.I chase her none stop, jump on her from no where,try and share her food with me and steal the " presents " she catches or drive her prey away by running up and crying at it.Now amber is swearing at me,whacks me,won't cuddle anymore I can't even snuggle up to her she keeps swearing at me.Last night we kept my human awake because we where both sleeping on the bed and I accidently layed my tail on her and she bit it so hard I screamed there was no blood but my fur is falling out where she's pulling my fur out and it's very sore.Amber's human think's amber should go but my human dosen't want that because her last cat whent because he diden't get on.Is there anything you can offer as of advice on I can get my human to maybe do or try? Please help before amber's human looses her temper

Oh p.s we also are ruining the carpet because of our arguments and me chasing her
[notify]

Sadie Mae

wassssupp

Purred: Sun Sep 25, '05 9:19am PST 
my mom had a cat before me and was fostering her sisters cat and sometimes they didn't get along so mommy's mom went to the vet and got this spray stuff that she had to like spray around the house and around the cats and they got along better...maybe ask the vet about it...mommy said it worked good...her and i say good luck
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Purred: Sun Sep 25, '05 2:35pm PST 
I think the spray is called Feliway. In the US, you can buy it in pet shops. I'm not sure about other countries though. It is supposed to help with aggression though, so it might be worth a try.
[notify]

Spike-R.I.P

Meow

Purred: Sun Sep 25, '05 3:22pm PST 
I have never heard of a special spray but I will talk to the vets and the petshops who will know.
[notify]

Peggy

Princess

Purred: Sun Sep 25, '05 5:07pm PST 
My mommy bought two feliway plug ins (they sell both the spray and the plug ins that are like the scented things that you can buy) when she brought Spike into the house. She says it is supposed to help with these types of things. It's definitely worth a try.
[notify]

Landon- Dakota

MROW!

Purred: Wed Sep 28, '05 5:21am PST 
Mom was about to make this SAME post! Me and my sister got along perfectly fine and all of the sudden, as of yesterday, we're having to be separted because we're going nuts and beating eachother up! frown
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Purred: Wed Sep 28, '05 9:00am PST 
Landon, that seems to be quite typical. Somewhere around two to four weeks, it's like the honeymoon is over and your new kitty-sibling starts getting on your nerves. Then, just as suddenly, things go back to normal.
[notify]

Peggy

Princess

Purred: Thu Sep 29, '05 9:55am PST 
I think it could also have a lot to do with the change in weather. I noticed that Peggy and Spike have been just tackling each other constantly (of course not hurting each other).
[notify]

Spike-R.I.P

Meow

Purred: Fri Sep 30, '05 3:55pm PST 
I've been the vet and the vet had no idear nor any petshops on what that stuff is and naa don't think it'sthe weather more of amber sick of playfull spike who hasn't grown up yet.
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Purred: Fri Sep 30, '05 5:11pm PST 
Spike, this is the product we were talking about. They make a diffuser also. I think that's what Peggy has.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2