GO!

Really need pointer/advice!

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Ivory

Ivy

Purred: Tue Jul 29, '14 12:07am PST 
One of our 11 month old cats has been meowing so much and I don't know if shes bored, tired, needs more attention or what. She will jump on the cat perch and meow and meow over and over. She'll walk around the house and meow. And she seems to spend more time being isolated.

Should I be worried??
Please, any response. Thanks!
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Tue Jul 29, '14 4:27am PST 
Is she spayed?
[notify]

Baby

i am a cutie- kitty

Purred: Tue Jul 29, '14 3:18pm PST 
if its a female, she could be in heat. if not a female or not in heat, maybe a trip to the vet, might be in order.
[notify]

Uno

We little black- kitties RULE!

Purred: Tue Jul 29, '14 4:56pm PST 
If she's not spayed, she may very likely be in heat. Cats in heat can be very vocal and persistent in calling for a mate. If she is spayed, then she may just be a talkative cat or part Siamese. Cats with Siamese blood in them may not show Siamese in their looks, but they may inherit other Siamese traits such as the loud mouth! If your cat is spayed and this behavior has just recently started, then you might want to have her vet checked to see if there is any medical issue causing her increased vocalization.
[notify]

Ebony

Ebby

Purred: Thu Jul 31, '14 8:38am PST 
Yes both girls are spayed- they had already been spayed when we adopted them.
[notify]

Ivory

Ivy

Purred: Thu Jul 31, '14 8:56am PST 
Oh well I don't know for sure if her and her sister are half/part Siamese or not but I do know that the meowing started up right around after we adopted them which was back in April sometime. I didn't think about taking her to the vet but that's probably a good idea- they both probably need a check up.
[notify]