GO!

Litter Robot Help

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Hank

Purred: Sun Nov 24, '13 8:11pm PST 
My husband (as of 3 weeks ago!!) treated ourselves to a litter robot using some of our wedding money in an effort to decrease the annoyance of scooping litter boxes. We have 3 cats, 4 litter boxes, and scoop twice a day. Anyways, we got the litter robot about a week ago and have very slowly been integrating it into their routine. At first, we added it as an additional box (turned off of course) with a mixture of new and used litter so that they would pick up on the scent. After a few days of no one going near it, I started putting treats in and around the box which seemed to get them a little more interested. For the past 4 days, one (or more) of the cats have been using the box. However, we don’t know definitely who has taken to it. Our next idea was to remove a few of the old litter boxes- so we now have 2 old boxes and the litter robot. We have also been cleaning the old boxes a little less frequently in an effort to make the robot more appealing because it is always clean. So, long story short, I was wondering if anyone had some more ideas of ways to get them all to use it and how can we be sure all 3 cats are taking to it? I do not want to remove the other 2 old boxes for fear that they will just start going elsewhere in the house. Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
[notify]

Purred: Wed Nov 27, '13 2:36pm PST 
Hi: You are doing all the right things; however, sometimes, it does take some cats a little longer to adjust. Please contact us at support@litter-robot.com if we can ever be of assistance. HAPPY THANKSGIVING from Litter-Robot Shirley, Litter-Robot Customer Service Team
[notify]

Purred: Tue Jan 7, '14 3:33pm PST 
I had the same issue when introducing litter robot at my 2-cat household. I ended up buying some cat attract brand litter which is supposed to have a scent that attracts them. Mixed some in with the regular litter and that helped. I have seen it at PetSmart and vet offices among other stores.
[notify]