GO!

Cat hates me and my family

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Purred: Sat Oct 12, '13 11:51pm PST 
Hi!

I got a long haired tabby kitten about a year ago (She was about 10 weeks old at the time) from a person who's cat had kittens. When I brought her home she was a bit scared, as we excepted, so we gave her her own room and slowly introduced her to our house and our other two cats. She started off moderately friendly and playful; however as she has grown older she only hides from us in our garage. I know where she hides and occasionally bring her a treat and pet her, she doesn't always run from me, but she never hisses or shows any real signs of aggression.

Occasionally she will come into the living room and look out the screen door, but doesn't come to close to us. Sometimes she will hide under the bed, but run out of the room when we walk in. Is there anything I can do to make her like us more? (She has no other behavioral issues.
[notify]

Norman DB#93- 2001-2013

I know you have- chicken & I want- it.

Purred: Sun Oct 13, '13 8:17pm PST 
Hiding is sometimes a sign of illness, a wellness check is probably needed. The vet may be able to help you with a solution, such as a calming collar or calming spray if she has no health issues.
[notify]