GO!

2 older cats hate new cat

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Purred: Fri Oct 11, '13 7:06am PST 
I have 3 cats. When my oldest kitty passed away, I got another. My 2 kitties hate the new cat. Winston is 5 and Adele is 10. They are buddies - they sleep by each other, groom each other, etc. New cat Sonya is 3 1/2. I didn't follow proper introduction protocol, so am trying to figure out where to go from here. I tried keeping Sonya in my bedroom alone, but she peed on my bed. So now I've been keeping Winston and Adele in my room during the day, while Sonya has the rest of the house. At night, I put Sonya in the bathroom and let the other 2 roam the house. I also got some amxiety meds for Sonya. I also have two Feliway diffusers. So when the other cats see Sonya, they'll growl and hiss. This prompts Sonya to run over and attack them. I've tried feeding them on opposite sides of the door with the door open and they do fine. But, the second Sonya crosses the threshold, they get mad, hiss and run away. This is super stressful. I don't know what to do.
[notify]