GO!

Inappropriate Urination

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Purred: Sat Aug 24, '13 3:54pm PST 
My 3 year old cat Sticous has recently began peeing on things sitting in my floor such as dirty clothes, back packs, even shoes. Her litter box is cleaned after use and she does sometimes urinate in the litter box. But if there is something sitting on the floor it is definitely getting peed on. If nothing is sitting on the floor she sometimes pees on the couch as well. She has never had a problem with training until now and this started out of the blue. We haven't changed litter, she shouldn't be stressed, I have no other cats, and I have already been to the vet and there is no medical explanation. Someone please HELP ME!
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Sun Aug 25, '13 5:31am PST 
Try this website - it has all litterbox info in one place: http://catinfo.org/?link=litterbox

Good luck!
[notify]

Pickles

I hate everyone- but Mom

Purred: Sun Aug 25, '13 6:21pm PST 
See my post here.... http://www.catster.com/forums/Behavior_and_Training/thread/782855
[notify]

Pickles

I hate everyone- but Mom

Purred: Tue Aug 27, '13 10:07am PST 
Along with my response to the other thread, I also want to add that sometimes it's like keeping kitty from "failing." Like don't set them up for failure. If you know that she pees on stuff on the floor, then keep it picked up. Restrict their access to the areas that are problems for them. It's like retraining them to do the right thing- steering them in the direction that is allowed. You can't scold a cat like a dog and get a response. You have to change their patterns. Hope this helps.
[notify]