GO!

What can I do?

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Tambolina

No...the magic- is still- here...!!!

Purred: Thu Aug 8, '13 10:22am PST 
Hi...!! Hallo...!! I wrote on 'Behaviour and Training' a while ago, being totally 'cocky', and telling you that the way to get a disparate group of people, pussycats and doggits together would be to just bung them all in together and let them sort themselves out. WRONG...!! (We have gone from a household of two elderly humans and four cats to a household of six humans, five cats and two dogs)

We all seem to have sorted ourselves out EXCEPT poor little Tambolina (the smallest of us all). She has been getting more and more frightened and apprehensive and has been coming in at more and more erratic times, until the night before last she did not come in, nor yesterday, nor last night. She came back just now....but she is very frightened.

I think she is going to go. What can I do?

Jan
[notify]

Tambolina

Purred: Thu Aug 8, '13 10:31am PST 
PS. The doggits live in the front of the house and the cats at the back...but she knows they are there.
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Fri Aug 9, '13 9:16pm PST 
Is there a safe room separate that she can go in that you can keep her & is very quiet? I hate to see her not come back because she is frightened, and I know that is what you are worried for too. Try the Feliway - I think you should be able to get it where you live. It really really helps.
[notify]

Tambolina

Purred: Sat Aug 10, '13 4:18am PST 
Dear Tigger...thank you so much for your reply....thank you....thank you for caring....

We ALMOST got Tambolina in last night (we all did...it was a communal effort)...and we nearly got there, but then George (one of LOVELY doggits who have come to live here) barked...Mimi (who was holding Tambi) screamed...Tambi had gone STRAIGHT THROUGH her lovely red blouse and straight through her skin....!! She had to let go and Tambi RAN with the George-Doggit close behind....!! He WOULD NOT hurt her...he is like you, 'Tigger', in the Pooh stories?....he 'BOUNCES' every-creature, for he is so full of exuberance and the love of life...!!

Tambi is now 'lurking'...!! I have been able to give her two HUGE platefulls of raw minced beef..that she LOVES....and now she is sitting in a (really good) strategic place....right in the corner of the back garden...if I go ANYWHERE near her, she just climbs the wall to the shed roof and buggers off....

As long as I can feed her, give her water and just make sure she seems healthy I can cope with this...although it makes me very sad...last night I spent half the night looking to see if she had come in and the other half of the night dreaming that she HAD come in.....!!

If necessary, I will build her a little house for the winter....

It is HARD, these days, this life...I am sure you all are feeling it too....our family have HAD to come and live with us....job and money problems....(four humans, one cat, two dogs).....and it is LOVELY...they are all so LOVELY.....but it would seem that Tambi is paying the price....

Jan
[notify]

Stella

Stella- Felinis--Queen- of All Kitties!

Purred: Fri Aug 16, '13 8:55pm PST 
It's Stella. My person lured the terrified Delyte back in with nice smelly food, but she would not put it down, but walked it across the yard with him following until he got in the door. Trying to hold a frightened cat never works--they are so strong and they have those claws. People have also had luck luring them into those humane cat traps with food and then bringing them in the house. That's how they caught me.

Cats can get used to dogs, but it takes a long time and the doggies must be very good and quiet and not bark, which is what the cats hate. We managed to do it years ago, and we even did it visiting strange cats, because our dog was so sweet and well-behaved.

Poor Tambi!!! We send her all our purrs and hope that she can find a way to co-exist with the doggies. The bad weather is coming soon and who wants to be out then?
[notify]

Abby

I squeak- therefore I am

Purred: Mon Aug 19, '13 1:33am PST 
Tambolina is very pretty.

Does she have any place high to climb inside the house? Probably she does since you have so many kitties, but if she doesn't perhaps that would help...
[notify]

Tambolina

Purred: Mon Aug 19, '13 9:58am PST 
Dear Stella (and Shelley) and Abby (and her Meouwmy) thank you for your posts and for your support.....

Update: Tambi is now coming in at night, when all the lights are off and everything is quiet and the doggits have gone to bed....I am sleeping in my husband's office, at present, which connects to the conservatory, where the cat flap is.....so the poor little bugger can creep in and come to be cuddled by me, late...late....I have to stay awake....!!

It's sort of working...and the other cats like that I am there with them (Jim jumps on me and dribbles on my face....!! pplleeaassee....!!) It is not an easy situation....but the doggits, who are making the problem, are SO DEAR....SO SWEET....

As long as I can keep everyone, everycat and everydoggit just 'rolling along' or 'limping along' I can manage......(I think).......

Thank you for your support....and, yes, I do use Felliway..but I am not sure if it makes a difference or not....!!

Jan

shrugshrug
[notify]

Tambolina

Purred: Sun Aug 25, '13 4:01am PST 
Please, Please.....look at this thread, then go to 'Cat Health' forum...my thread about anti-anxiety medication for cats....and then go to my 'Grandad Conrad' page on Facebook....please? Help neeed....

Jan
[notify]