GO!

Outdoor cat wanders in

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Slyvy

I will rule the- world right- after a nap

Purred: Mon Jul 29, '13 8:46pm PST 
My neighbor has a very friendly outside only cat who tends to wander into my apartment. If I open the door, he'll saunter in like he owns the place!
By some miracle, my cat actually seems to like him and lets him eat out of her bowl.
I feel like I should take to his owners about adopting him since...But I also feel a bit awkward calling them up to say "Your cat wandered into my home so can I keep him?"
HELP
[notify]

Maizy

I may meow to- you if you're- worthy

Purred: Wed Jul 31, '13 2:25pm PST 
Are they nice people? do they care about this cat or is he being neglected? I guess you could say "hello - your sweet kitty has been visiting me frequently & my cat (me too) has just fallen in love with him. I would love to adopt him PERMANENTLY so that she has a friend inside to keep her company! Is this something you would be in agreement with?" Then I would draw up a paper stating that they relinquish the cat to you so that you have no problems in the future. I hope it works out for you!way to go
[notify]