GO!

spray bottle training

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Miles

Curiosity is the- key.

Purred: Sun Jul 28, '13 7:35am PST 
I've always used a spray bottle to train my cats over the years, a quick squirt to let them know the dining room table and kitchen counters are off limits.

Well, I adopted a new 5 month old kitten a couple weeks ago, and tried the squirt bottle technique when he got on the counters last week, and he loved it, thinking it was some sort of game! Since then, I notice he loves to play with water--his water bowl, the sink, even coming in the shower with me. I've never had a cat like this.

Does anyone have an alternative that works just as well? Can of coins? Blast of air?

Please and thank you for the help. shrug
[notify]

Maizy

I may meow to- you if you're- worthy

Purred: Mon Jul 29, '13 2:35pm PST 
That is funny - with Tig & SMitty all I have to do is turn the faucet on & they bolt. Maizy looks at me like "ok what?" when I have squirted. Felix cannot jump up due to his legs, so I am lucky in that respect. They do have a product I think called scram or something, it is a can of compressed air that lets out a little puff (it is motion activated) Also you can try sticky tape too.
[notify]