GO!

Neutered cat and humping problems

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Fiyero

Mr. Laid-Back

Purred: Mon Jul 15, '13 10:30am PST 
So....Fiyero is my middle child. I call him a cross between Rodney Dangerfield and Eeyore because he gets no respect, but his reaction to it is "Oh, well...." Over the last 6 months or so, he has started to try to hump my oldest cat. I take this as insecurity and an attempt to carve out a place for himself, but I'm clueless as to what to do with him. He has been neutered and both testes had descended, so there's not a question about an undescended testicle. Any advice?
[notify]

Miss Tiny- Burr Burr

Love and adore.

Purred: Sun Jul 28, '13 8:47am PST 
cats sometimes hump as a display of dominance or frustration. Neutered male cats tend to be culprits. was he neutered early or later on? Ive even seen females do this when they are frustrated over ranking.

if hes bothering other pets, spray him with a bottle.
[notify]