GO!

Constant Meowing

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Jax

I wanna- cuddle..Wait no,- I wanna play..

Purred: Sat Jul 6, '13 6:41pm PST 
My 14 week old Ragdoll kitten won't stop meowing! I understand that I haven't had him long and that he's in a new home and needs to adjust, but nothing really seems to calm him down. He seems very comfortable with us, loves cuddles. He's eating well and there doesn't seem to be any issues in the litter tray area. He's also been fixed. Is this simply a 'I miss my mummy' situation or is there something more we can do? I don't want this constant meowing to become a habit. I don't mind a vocal cat but this is out of control!
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Sun Jul 7, '13 4:23am PST 
He probably just wants lots of attention smile Do you have another cat? If not, seriously consider getting another kitten or a young cat. Having a friend to play with alleviates boredom and demands for your attention all the time. Leroy meowed all the time too because he wanted attention. Human had to get a second similar age cat. Once she did, Leroy stopped constantly meowing and bugging Human for attention.
[notify]

Jax

I wanna- cuddle..Wait no,- I wanna play..

Purred: Mon Jul 8, '13 1:26am PST 
Unfortunately another kitten is not a possibility - I live in an apartment complex and was only approved for the one. Is there anything else I could try? Its getting to the point where he is meowing even when he is playing.
[notify]