GO!

Random Burst of Energy or...

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Oreo

Ms.Up and Down

Purred: Wed Jun 19, '13 7:55am PST 
My cat, Oreo, does this thing where she will be sitting down calmly then she will just suddenly run up the stairs really fast or she will run down the stairs and then at you really fast. Is she being skittish or energetic? thinking

She had just done something like this after using the litterbox; she ran at me then up the stairs. laugh out loud
It can be funny but really surprising.

Edited by author Wed Jun 19, '13 7:55am PST

[notify]

Fiyero

Mr. Laid-Back

Purred: Wed Jun 19, '13 8:17am PST 
Sounds like a random burst of energy to me. As long as she's eating/drinking/using the litter box/behaving normally otherwise, just sit back and be amused.
[notify]

Mikko

Psycho kitty

Purred: Thu Jun 20, '13 10:10am PST 
I agree with Fiyero, its a random burst of energy, Mikko does things like that sometimes MOL!! laugh out loud
[notify]

Delyte, Dark- Angel, at- Bridge

Me and my- person, together- against all

Purred: Fri Jun 21, '13 11:28am PST 
This is Delyte. After using the pan, especially if I make one of my trademark special big stinkies, I run as far as I can away. I'm still pretty fast for an ancient kitty!

The other three have their times, usually at night, when it seems as if we are raising gazelles, not cats. They race from one end to the other, so fast that they once knocked our person over. Just burning off energy, I guess.

Purrs! cat on moon
[notify]