GO!

He peed in a box...

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Sat Jun 15, '13 6:37pm PST 
Hi everyone. Huntys mom here. Hunter has been doing good. (I thought so anyway). Then I come home today and he was sitting in a window staring at a stray cat in my driveway. He comes running in the kitchen and starts rolling on the floor. ( he does this often and stretches) so I pet him and he tries to bunny kick my arm. I pick him up and he cried a bit. I put him down and started unpacking some groceries. Then he jumps in a box. Not unusual for him. But just the way he was sitting I knew he was peeing in it. I pulled him out and there was pee in the box. He did it right in front of me.

His pee was normal. Not pink tinged, and he wasn't crying while peeing. I'm really thinking he peed to mark his territory from the stray cat outside. Does this make sense?? He has never done this before.

I'm slightly worried that there could be something else going on. But he's eating and drinking normally. Using his letterbox (except for this incident).

I really do think it has to do with the cat outside. What do you guys think??

Hunter has his dental cleaning Tuesday so I'm going to mention it to the vet but I just wanted to run it by you guys too.
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Mon Jun 17, '13 10:58am PST 
Never a bad idea to mention something to your vet, but I bet it is exactly as you think. Tig LOVES boxes, but one day, I had one with shreded paper in it, and he jumped right in & peed. I just tossed the whole box - did not want to punish him for something he thought was a litter box. He does get upset with the outside cats. wave
[notify]