GO!

She sleeps in plastic bags

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Slyvy

I will rule the- world right- after a nap

Purred: Thu Jun 13, '13 10:19am PST 
Given a a nice box or a plastic bag, Slyvy will always choose the bag.
Why does she adore plastic bags?
[notify]

Stella

Stella- Felinis--Queen- of All Kitties!

Purred: Thu Jun 13, '13 9:48pm PST 
It's Stella. I do too, although I also love boxes. My favorite plastic bag are those slightly stiff ones that they give out at Barnes and Noble. My male person gets the Sunday papers in one and I have it for the rest of the week. Also am ecological and will sleep in cloth carrier bags. If you dump a catnip mouse in with me, I am one happy cat. Purrs! smile
[notify]

Bart

Happy to be- healthy!

Purred: Fri Jun 14, '13 4:20am PST 
I'm still stumped about a cat's obsession with plastic bags. My last two cats used to love LICKING them (usually in the middle of the night....very close to where I was sleeping). My cats now? They actually prefer a random box to lay in - go figure.

I've heard of other cats having similar addictions to plastic bags, but I'm afraid the reason will always remain largely unknown.

Just be sure to always monitor kitty with the plastic bag smile
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Fri Jun 14, '13 1:18pm PST 
I don't know what it is either - some cats are just silly. But as Bart mentioned, never leave a cat alone with a plastic bag, and always cut the handles off so they can't get caught with the bag around their neck.
[notify]

deliha- uzokwe

queen of sheba

Purred: Fri Jun 14, '13 2:37pm PST 
hay all i two enjoy plastic bags but mummy panics and wont let me stay in one i think i like it because they keep all the heat in xxcloud 9
[notify]

Stella

Stella- Felinis--Queen- of All Kitties!

Purred: Sat Jun 15, '13 9:45am PST 
It's Stella. Lots of plastic bags contain starch and sugar, especially the ones that are meant to biodegrade after a while. It's probably not the best thing that a cat could lick, but we do develop obsessions with strange tastes and smells. We can smell so much more acutely than our people.
[notify]