GO!

Help with Anxiety Problems?

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Jayne

Mr. Pesterlumps- Purrbucket- FluffyButt

Purred: Thu Mar 28, '13 3:42pm PST 
I saw the thundershirts the other day when I was at the Petco. I can imagine my boy would just fall over sadly with one on, lol.

I bought a sentry collar with lavender and Camomille , but he either removes it, or licks his chest incessently until I take it off. I may have to try to find one of those all natural lavender sprays and see if a spritz on our bed (his preferred snoozing place of course) helps at all.
[notify]

Purred: Fri Mar 29, '13 8:02am PST 
I use "Happy" by Epic Pet Health to help with stress and anxiety. It works quickly too.
[notify]

Beatrice- (Miss You!- '94-'12)

The very Beast- of all

Purred: Fri Mar 29, '13 2:18pm PST 
I would avoid any products that contain distilled essential oils. They can be toxic to cats. You might try Rescue Remedy, we've had some luck with that for anxiety by adding a couple drops to the water dish.

When I read your original post, though, I had the same first thought as Monster--it sounds a lot like Jayne could be having some sort of seizure. Bea had seizures occasionally. She would cry and then flop over and twitch for a few moments, then she would get up and wobble/run to a sheltered place and lay down and pant heavily, with extremely dilated pupils. Often, she'd lose bladder control and urinate right where she lay. Finally, she'd come to and seem normal but exhausted from the ordeal. What you're describing seems very familiar to me. thinking

I'm hoping, though, that Jayne's problem isn't seizures and can overcome the anxiety. Sending purrs! Please keep us posted. hug

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2