GO!

Hmmm

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Tia

Tia the- Terrific!

Purred: Sun Feb 3, '13 10:13pm PST 
I need help. I have a temporary room mate until April. He and his dog have been here since a few days before Christmas last year. Everyone gets along but I can see Tia is stressed and bored. Her behavior is a little off, and seems to be getting worse. Because of the room mate, I've had to put her cat tree in storage and got her a smaller scratcher. Roomies dog also likes to chew up anything that looks like a ball so I've had to put most of Tia's toys up as well. I now realize the position I've put her in: bringing in another human & dog, not having as much space for her to move around, and putting up most of her stuff. I'd be stressed, bored, and mad also.

I've told him that when she's just constantly meowing she just wants food, not to be pet. I've learned that over the almost 2 years she's been with me. If she wants petting she crawls into my lap. She and my dog Angel are always playing, but when she tries to play with my room mate's dog he tells her NO! and pushes her down.

I've told him I don't want her getting into trouble for trying to play, and that when she's really vocal she just wants food. I don't know how to make it clear to him.

So I am trying to figure out what to do. I'm going to bring her cat tree back in and make room somehow, and start getting her toys back out when the dogs are up. What else can I do?

**P.S. She has also taken to peeing in my room, in the bathroom, and when I got home from work she had peed on the chair in my living room.**

Edited by author Sun Feb 3, '13 11:54pm PST

[notify]

Tia

Tia the- Terrific!

Purred: Mon Feb 11, '13 12:19am PST 
Well thanks everyone for your advice LOL
[notify]

Maizy

I may meow to- you if you're- worthy

Purred: Mon Feb 18, '13 3:45pm PST 
Cats are not fond of change, and it seems like there is alot in her home. The peeing could be part of her stress. I think the roommate needs to accommodate you a little more, not the other way around. I would sit down & have a frank discussion about your concerns, for your kitties sake. I think it is a good idea to bring her things back - it must be confusing for her to lose them. I hope things go ok for you - at least April is not too far away!
[notify]