GO!

How long does it take for Coco to get along with her Sister Molly??

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Coco

Purred: Tue Jan 8, '13 10:50pm PST 
I have just adopted Coco 6 weeks ago... and they are still wrestling and fighting (but no growling and almost no hizzing).. They are both 1 year old. Molly seems to be the one who is always starting the fight (molly grew up with us as we adopted her when she was a kitten)... i have done a very slow introduction as per google instructions... at day time.. they seem fine... and Molly even wants to sleep in the same room as Coco ... but at night they just get crazy.. and it is killing me.. didn't have a good sleep for days... i am also using feliway but it doesn't work.
Please help!!!! When will they become friends???
[notify]

Buddha

Purred: Mon Jan 28, '13 8:58pm PST 
From what you say, it sounds like they are merely engaging in some rough play. Cats often do wrestle and play rough with each other. They may even growl in play. When cats are wrestling and playing together, a hiss is one cat's way of telling the other cat the he or she is playing too rough and to knock off the rough play. If a cat truly dislikes another cat, it won't tolerate the other cat anywhere near it. A cat who is fearful of another cat will usually show fear aggression just at the sight of the cat it's afraid of.
[notify]