GO!

Waking up ALL night EVERY night

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Serena

Crazy- KittenPants

Purred: Wed Dec 19, '12 6:31am PST 
Ok, couple of bits of background info on this one. Serena used to wake me up at night when she was little, but it was usually once a night and stopped about a year ago.

Also, we moved to a new apartment for the first time in Serena's life on 12/8, so it's been about a week and a half. the first thing we did that day was set up the living room in the exact way she was used to, sit at our computers with the tv on and act normal. I think she understood that this was home now and has been fairly ok with everything ever since.

Now for the problem. Since we moved she has been waking me up two, sometimes three times a night. I'm 20 weeks pregnant and I thought she was used to coming with me to pee a few times a night, so when she meowed at the door I would go out there and go to the bathroom with her (which is silly because we have a bathroom in our room now). But nothing stops it. I try ignoring her, she meows louder (which is odd because she's never been much of a meower) I try sending my husband because she simply adores him, nothing. She will still wake me up again in an hour.

So any ideas on what's wrong with my Kittenpants? I need to make sure she is comfy and adjusted in the new place because with the pregnancy, I not only have just a few more months of decent sleep left in me but there are also wayyy bigger changes on the horizon for poor Cattbutt.

P.S. She's also started loving me then attacking me when I get up with her, which is super mean given that I come out to be with her frown

Edited by author Wed Dec 19, '12 6:33am PST

[notify]

Stella

Stella- Felinis--Queen- of All Kitties!

Purred: Wed Dec 19, '12 8:52pm PST 
It's Stella. Our person has never been pregnant [she was nearly 60 when she got me!] but could Serena be picking up on the changes in your body with the pregnancy, and thinking that YOU are becoming unfamiliar to her? Especially if she likes to go with you when you pee--my absolute favorite thing, my person has never gone alone since I arrived. Your body odors smell different to her?

Are there any strange noises around where you live? Our neighbors like to walk their dogs around 3 AM and we all rush to the window to see them. Anyone getting up early/going to bed late? Trains or sirens?

You can get different pheremone things like Feliway that are supposed to relax kitties and I bet there are others on this list who have good suggestions. Good luck to you and Serena! wave
[notify]