GO!

How to get my cat to leave a trail of paw prints for a tattoo?

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Toast

Watch out for- evil kitty ears!

Purred: Thu Nov 22, '12 5:06pm PST 
This is a strange question, but I'm getting a tattoo that includes a trail of paw prints to represent my cat. They'll be too small to really use his own unique paw print so instead, I want to put him down onto something and have him walk his own trail to use in the design. smile

Now, Toasty is an indoor cat so there isn't an opportunity to find his paw prints outside and photograph them. I could put something safe on his paws and put him on lots of paper but I feel like he will just try to lick the stuff off and not wander around. I thought of putting him on his leash and maybe taking him to the beach but I feel like he would hate the sand and it would have to be wet sand. It hasn't snowed yet and might not until after my tattoo appointment.

I'm considering covering the bottom of the bathtub with paper or something, dipping his paws in gravy from canned cat food (which he isn't fond of but at least it isn't poisonous) and getting him to walk along the paper by putting a treat in front of his nose or a toy. Even if I could just get him to crinkle the paper where he stepped, I just want his stride, I don't need the actual pawprints.

Any ideas? big grin
[notify]

Ben

I fetch,- therefore I am.

Purred: Thu Nov 22, '12 6:57pm PST 
I wonder if he would stand still on a scanner long enough to scan the bottoms of his paws? Then you could use photo editing software to enhance the detail? It wouldn't capture his stride, but it might be easier than trying to dip his paws in something and possibly having him freak out.
shrug

Edited by author Thu Nov 22, '12 6:59pm PST

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Fri Nov 23, '12 4:48pm PST 
You can put some pet safe ink on the paws and have the cat walk over a large piece of paper. Here are some pet safe ink suggestions:
http://www.ehow.com/list_6803292_safe-making-dog-paw-print.html
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Tue Dec 4, '12 11:51am PST 
that is an awesome idea. Around here, all I have to do is put important work papers in front of me, and 1 of them will stroll across it! What about using water & dark paper and then scanning the paper before it dries?
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Tue Dec 4, '12 11:52am PST 
that is an awesome idea. Around here, all I have to do is put important work papers in front of me, and 1 of them will stroll across it! What about using water & dark paper and then scanning the paper before it dries?
[notify]