GO!

Containment ?

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Bitz

I haz thumbs!

Purred: Tue Oct 16, '12 7:08pm PST 
The new house we are moving into has a really nice indoor/outdoor dog run. Enclosing the top of the outdoor kennel portion isn't really an option since 2 sides of the kennel are the house, and there is a large tree growing in the middle. I'm concerned with keeping the cats contained in the kennel, as I have no intention of letting them roam the city. Any suggestions on keeping the cats (ok, just the one really, the other couldn't climb a fence if his life depended on it...) from climbing over the fence? I have the tree part figured out. I plan to use sheet metal around the trunk, similar to what you use to keep squirrels off.

Any suggestions welcome! I would really love to use the dog run (for the dogs) the way it's intended. I just want to keep my cat (that thinks she is one of the dogs) from being able to leave the kennel.
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Sat Oct 20, '12 2:04pm PST 
I have seen in a magazine, Cat Fancy I think - a sort of extension thing you put on the top of a fence. It seems to slant inward, so that the cat cannot climb underneath to get over the fence. Maybe look for a cat barrier, and see what comes up in the search. I will see if I can find it again in the magazine.
[notify]