GO!

Water & sink obsession

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Maple

Purred: Thu Mar 29, '12 2:32am PST 
Hi there!

My Maple has an obsession with water, sinks & the shower - every time she hears the water running she comes running! She hates being bathed - but if there is an empty sink that's had water running in it - she just dives straight in.

Has anyone ever seen this before? Just curious, as I thought most cats hated water!
[notify]

Monster

It's all about- me.

Purred: Thu Mar 29, '12 3:05pm PST 
Most cats don't like being immersed in water, but many of them are fascinated by running water. Some like to play with it, others love to drink from running faucets, even sticking their heads underneath the stream. There are a lot of clips on You Tube.
[notify]

Colby Jack

Cheese Cat

Purred: Sun Apr 29, '12 6:03pm PST 
Hi Maple - I do the same thing! My Mommy and her family think it's the strangest thing. I just like water! There's a funny video on my page of it in action. smile
[notify]

Quagmire

Giggity giggity- goo!

Purred: Tue May 1, '12 8:03am PST 
Cats love running water. They don't like being bathed, but they're attracted to movement.
[notify]

Ramsey

Ramsey - The Bedroom Cat- Burglar

Purred: Sat May 5, '12 1:43am PST 
My sister Swiffer does the same thing. She even got up on the edge of the bathtub when my daddy was taking a bath last week. Swiffer fell in... heee heee happy dance I sure enjoyed watching her after she fell in. Swiffer is always messing with the water in the sinks, bathtubs and showers. I think this is a normal thing for her but not my cup of tea if you know what I mean big laugh She loves our water fountain and especially likes the water fountain for the dogs.
[notify]

Takoda

Purred: Thu May 24, '12 10:01am PST 
Hi Maple,

I just love water too!

I love to play in my water dish and slosh the water all over and if no one is looking I like to jump into a bathtub (take a look at my page I have photos of me in the bath) when it is full of water.

Meowmie thinks I am part FISH!
[notify]

Kosuteh

Biting means I- love you..- right?

Purred: Thu May 24, '12 11:44am PST 
I like to drink from the faucet, the tub, and any other running water source I can find. I'm not so fond of actually getting in the water though, but I do stare at it.
[notify]