GO!

I miss you too!

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Topic closed to new posts.
(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Poofy Kitty

I wuv my Chief- of Staff!

Purred: Tue Mar 27, '12 6:18pm PST 
Talk about co dependence. Poofy Kitty has got some kind of crush on me or something. I am gone all day at work - sometimes 12 hours. I can't even walk in the door and she is all over me live allergens on the allergic! (We deal with that too!)

After a long day, I get home and I want a bubble around me. I want to sit down,. enjoy a soda, check my email .. and not be called to duty for a cat that missed me more than I missed her. (I had a wife like that. It lasted a year and a half).

Fortunately, Poofy Kitty is just a kitty, and I doubt if there is anything that can be done except just accept the fact that I am her entire world.

Any ideas, stories, sympathy or thoughts?
[notify]

Ralphie & Randy

Purred: Tue Mar 27, '12 6:57pm PST 
Sympathy? Really? How sad for you that you have a loving, devoted creature that misses you and is happy to see you when you get home. It must be terrible for you to be greeted at the door each night. I imagine that the purrs and ankle rubs must be especially horrendous. Oh, the torment!

Maybe you should indeed get a bubble, instead of a cat. No cat should ever be thought of as "just a kitty", especially by her human guardian who is supposed to love and care for her, nor is she simply a "duty". If having a cat is such a burden for you, why do you have one? She deserves to be loved, and not valued as less than a soda. If you can't love her, do her a favor and rehome her to a more suitable person or family.
[notify]

Poofy Kitty

I wuv my Chief- of Staff!

Purred: Tue Mar 27, '12 7:08pm PST 
First, your derogatory insinuation that I am some sort of victim here was not appreciated. That was not the purpose of the post for cripes sake. It was intended to be somewhat humorous.

The intent was stated clearly in the simple fact that some days, after 12 hours at work, the last thing on my mind is the cat - the second I walk in the door. If that purposes your negative comments - sorry,

As for the "cat" statement. It is just a cat. As a dog is just a dog. They have habits, characteristics, instincts, and needs that make them individual animals. A cat is going to climb in the windows. They will play with the loudest toy you own at 3 AM. They are very affectionate, as is a dog. Those are characteristics of the pets that must be accepted.

So if you care to further the conversation by answering the question posed, as to any ideas to work around the fact that my arms are full of groceries and do not care to step on a kitty that simply misses me while I am going, I would encourage to do so. Otherwise your tainted accusatory categorical response was unappreciated.

Edited by author Tue Mar 27, '12 7:15pm PST

[notify]

Wallace - My Little- Angel

The A-durable- Wallace

Purred: Tue Mar 27, '12 7:37pm PST 
Sounds like you enjoy your "you" time after a long day at work. We all deal with our off time in different ways. Some want their space, while others are comforted by the idea of being missed or welcomed. While I am not trying to criticize by any means, sounds like your kitty needs someone more compatible - meaning someone that is just as excited for her as she is for you right now.
[notify]

Alexander,- Dreamboat- #110

I am really a- lap dog in- disguise.

Purred: Thu Mar 29, '12 2:23am PST 
Well, you can get another kitty that will keep your kitty company. Alex follows us around and we love it. We are not away as much as you are. He has energy at night and loves some play time. Give your kitty some play time and get some of the energy burnt off, both she and you will be happy. Do you have play toys around for her to play with? Get some of those food treat balls where she can get treats if she rolls the balls. Alex can trip us too but he is trying to get our attention. ......We are getting a kitten for Alex since our Natasha passed away last December. We are getting a Siberian; there are allergies in the extended family so Siberians are perfect and beautiful. ...We love our cats here and may not see your sense of humor. You wouldn't be asking for advice if you didn't care....Hope that some of this helps you.....
[notify]

Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Thu Mar 29, '12 4:35am PST 
I know exactly what you mean. My Hunter is the same way. Although I love him to death, sometimes I just wish he would sleep!! He is never alone for very long. I have a dog that plays with him, my parents don't go out very much, however I am his person of choice. The minute I come home from work he greets me at the door. He runs infront of me to lead me to his toys. Playing does get his energy out, but hunter is a high energy cat. I have to play with him for a couple of hours to get him to relax. There are those days where I wish he would just leave me alone. He drives me crazy, and whines when I leave. He is definately a mommas boy. I know what your going through.

They love us, and have no other way to show it. At least your cat doesn't hide under the bed all day. smile
[notify]

~Purrcy ~- Meohmy

I AM- MARSHMELLOW CAT!

Purred: Thu Mar 29, '12 1:05pm PST 
I know what you mean too! Purrcy ALWAYS met me at the door and wanted hugs and cuddles right away. If I sat down to read or watch TV or have a drink, he would come up and put his paws on my leg asking to be picked up and cuddled. Most of the time I would pick him up and he would rub and purr and snoozle my ear.He slept with me every night snuggled up on my right side. It gave me great joy to have love and to be loved.
BUT sometimes I just needed some down time - I would tell him "no" sometimes when he was asking for attention (I always felt bad though).
Purrcy went to the Bridge on Oct. 15th - I miss him more than words can tell. I would give ANYTHING to be able hold him again and have him under my feet in the bathroom or walk across my face in the middle of the night.
Please give Poofy Kitty a big hug for me - you're so lucky to have her - and you know it!
Purrcy's Mumma
[notify]

Monster

It's all about- me.

Purred: Thu Mar 29, '12 3:15pm PST 
Alexander's suggestion to get a second cat is a good one. Poofy is lonely - that's part of the reason she's all over you when you get home. If she had company, she might still be very glad to see you, but it won't be so intense. A cat behaviorist who I interviewed said before checking the mail or starting dinner, give your cat a few minutes of attention - petting, playing - to reassure her. And fishing pole type toys are great - you can just sit on the couch and wave it around for her. Good luck! kitty
[notify]

Nellie (married to toby j)

ms. cuddlebug

Purred: Thu Mar 29, '12 5:01pm PST 
i follow my mom everywhere want to constanly petted her and have her attention. i also sleep with her. she dosent mind it. but a cat isnt just a cat. a cat is a living breathing creature just like a human. their lives are just as valueble.
[notify]

~Purrcy ~- Meohmy

I AM- MARSHMELLOW CAT!

Purred: Thu Mar 29, '12 6:23pm PST 
I think it is a shame that Poofy Kitty's purrson seems to have left catster. His post WAS pretty tongue-in-cheek. Some cats are very needy and sometimes it CAN be very wearing, but it was obvious to me that he really does love his cat, otherwise he wouldn't have bothered to let us know that his kitty loves him....sigh...
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2