GO!

Foster cat keeps bitting me????

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

~ SKYIE ~

BABIES ON BOARD

Purred: Wed Feb 22, '12 5:25pm PST 
Ok so I have a one year old foster cat which is expecting babies like any min but the problem is she has attacked me 3 times in the week I have had her.

The first time I had her on my lap and I wanted up and she didn’t want me to get up so she grabbed my hand with her front paws and bit down on my hand very very hard. I had to go to the walk in clinic as it was very swollen and bleed a lot and got antibiotics.

The second time I went to put water in her bowl she walked up to me and scratched me below my eye and then today I was patting her very soft and when I went to get up she got mad a grabbed my other hand in her mouth.

I am afraid for my kids safety and my own around her but I don’t want to send her back to the pound I am fostering her from.

Could this behaviour be from her being pregnant????.

I do not maul her nor do my children that are 11 and over and she is my 5th foster mommy cat in 3 years and I never had a cat act this way before.

Thank you
Tina
[notify]