GO!

Pheromone Collars: Effective?

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Miss Puff

carma works,- wish I never- chaced Meow

Purred: Wed Feb 22, '12 8:23pm PST 
Thank You Very much Hunter! This makes Meowma feel better about recommending them. We are glad your Mom was able to relax and we hope she is able to sleep more.

cheer way to go hamster dance
[notify]

Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Thu Feb 23, '12 3:43am PST 
You're welcome Miss Puff! Again, last night I put the collar on, and its like magic!! She is much more calm, its fantastic! I would keep the collar on her all day, but I kind of feel like its wrong to alter her mood so much. I don't mind at night when she should be sleeping.

I ordered the double channel collar and so glad I did. Honestly I think I'll order one every year/season or when it stops being effective.

FYI for anyone who is going to order one, you can get 10% off from ibdkitties.net if you go through Angel Alex's website. Unfortunately I didn't know that until my order was processed.
[notify]

~Purrcy ~- Meohmy

I AM- MARSHMELLOW CAT!

Purred: Thu Feb 23, '12 4:20pm PST 
Ok I'm confuzzled (what else is new?)
My understanding is that pheromones are a naturally occurring chemical substance that has no ODOR. they are secreted from the facial glands and other glands throughout the body.
What is the difference between pheromone products and calming collars??What is in the calming collars??
Sorry for being so stupid...
Purrcy
[notify]

Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Fri Feb 24, '12 5:45am PST 
You're not stupid Purrcy!! I don't know what Pheromone collars are. I've heard of Pheromone plug-ins though. Like Feliway right? I'm not too sure myself. I did purchase a Calming Collar though. If that is the same thing, then technically I'm stupid myself. This is from the calming collar website:

"Our patented Calming Collars are filled with a blend of natural herbs. Our blends were specifically developed to help with certain conditions, like excessive barking, hyper-activity, stress, anxiety and fear due to loud noises, storms and thunder (thunder phobia), separation anxiety and more!

These fabric collars are handcrafted and are filled by hand with a precise, measured amount of dried herbs."

From my understanding its all natural, just herbs in the collars. So its going to smell. Part of me thinks its magic in the collar. Its fantastic! Going from sleepless nights, to sleeping a full 8 hours. I'm at the point where I don't care whats in it, my dog will be wearing it every night, and I will order others as long as she lives!!
[notify]

Ramsey

Ramsey - The Bedroom Cat- Burglar

Purred: Sat Feb 25, '12 9:10pm PST 
The Feliway diffuser has been used in this household for over 2 years now and we will never be without it again. Yes, it is pricey to begin with but in the long run well worth the cost. You can find them online at a much less expensive cost than the retail stores. And the monthly refills are a lot cheaper too, especially when bought in bulk, like the six pack. I have no experience with the phermone collars so there is no comment there.

The author posting about the dog phermone collar has me intrigued though. I may have to try one of those for the yappy Maltese that lives here. He always disturbs my naps kitty
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2