GO!

More affectionate and clingy after spay- what's up?

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Pudleigh

Such a house cat

Purred: Fri May 13, '11 6:11pm PST 
Pudleigh finally got spayed (and microchipped) on Tuesday, and since then she's been like my shadow. She's way more affectionate than she was before, and instead of sleeping on her side of the futon, she just curls up on me. Anyone else have a kitty go all cuddly post-spay, and if so, was it a temporary or permanent change in behavior?
[notify]

Athena (In- Memory)

Purrs and Love- to Mom and- Toulouse

Purred: Fri May 13, '11 6:23pm PST 
She may be in pain and wants to cuddle with you for reassurance. Way back when Athena was spayed (17 years ago), the vets didn't believe in pain meds for a cat's spay. Now, most vets agree it is a good thing to give pain medication to cats that have been spayed -- just for a few days to get them over the initial pain.

Athena didn't get any pain meds and she curled up on me for comfort. She was affected like that for a few days, then started feeling better.