GO!

Invisible Electric Fence for cats

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Marsalis (In- Memory)

Purred: Mon Dec 13, '10 7:01pm PST 
Hello,

I was wondering if anybody here has used the PetSafe Premium In-Ground Cat Fence or something similar, and what you thought about it and/or other similar products.

Thank you.

Edited by author Mon Dec 13, '10 7:08pm PST

[notify]

~Purrcy ~- Meohmy

I AM- MARSHMELLOW CAT!

Purred: Mon Dec 13, '10 7:43pm PST 
I have never used this product, but from what I understand, the invisible fence may keep your cat in the area that you wish the cat to be confined to, but does NOT keep predators OUT.
If you live in an area with no animals that might attack your cat(s),it might be a good solution for you.
Good luck!
Purrcy
[notify]

Marsalis (In- Memory)

Purred: Mon Dec 13, '10 8:29pm PST 
No predators could get into my back yard, which is the area I would designate a free zone if I had this fence. I'm not worried about what could get in, rather how well this product would keep Marsalis from getting out.

Edited by author Mon Dec 13, '10 8:30pm PST

[notify]

Izadore- (Izzie)

Always make it- look like the- dogs did it

Purred: Tue Dec 14, '10 8:23am PST 
When I spoke with the company who installed our PetSafe fence for our dogs, they commented that a "cat fence" is simply a fence system for small dogs. I always worried that, because these collars are not break-away ones, my cat could become entangled and hang itself. It's impossible to patrol your yard and catch every hazard. Plus, my Ernie was a master at getting his collars off and since these are pricey, I didn't look forward to combing the yard each time he lost his. I agree that the fence does not keep predators or simply "unwanted guests" out of your yard. In our other house, we had a nasty mother raccoon, a nastier stray kitty, a few stray dogs, etc. Even with the Invisible Fence, I never left my dogs out alone.
[notify]

Miss Tiny- Burr Burr

Love and adore.

Purred: Thu Dec 23, '10 8:43am PST 
cats are not small dogs. I have never heard of a shock fence for cats. I would NEVER use one, because cats dont learn from punishment like this. please dont use it.
[notify]