GO!

Cat Water Bottle?

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Meoki

Meoki Rules!

Purred: Fri Apr 23, '10 4:37pm PST 
I recently purchased a water bottle type drinking device for my Persian cat. I did it for a few reasons:
1) It's supposed to reduce staining on the chin
2) It will be more sanitary b/c food and debris can't get in
3) We're going on a roadtrip, and I want her to have constant water access without keeping a full bowl on the floor.

How do I get her to try this? She is NOT interested in the water bottle. Granted, she's still got her other water sources, for now, but I'd rather transition her without having her become desperate for some water. She's really, really DUMB! I don't know if she'd eventually figure it out or not.

I hung it up, mounted to a wall near her current food and water.

Ideas? shrug
[notify]

Hermoine

play 23 hours a- day!

Purred: Sat May 15, '10 12:45am PST 
Try rubbing tuna oil over the end of the bottle, that's what I would do. I have never actually trained this. You might have to do this quite a few times.
My this is a slow list compared to dogster.

--des
[notify]