GO!

How Can I Stop My Cat From Chewing the Blinds?

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Other posts by this user

Purred: Tue Dec 22, '09 12:02am PST 
Dora chews the blinds on all of the windows in the house! I have replaced them several times and I don't get why she is doing this. I've given her toys, sprayed bitter apple on the blinds, and even tried giving her raw meaty bones or whole raw mice to keep her busy. It doesn't seem to matter what I do, she is addicted to chewing on those blinds. I've thought about putting tobasco on the blinds, but I don't want to hurt her. She isn't affected at all by the bitter apple.
[notify]

Tiger

Don't leave,- Mommy and Daddy!- Stay!

Purred: Wed Dec 23, '09 2:53pm PST 
Get some that are metal. My downstairs blinds are, and the cats haven't been able to do anything to them. Upstairs, in the bedroom, however, Tiger has made a window so she can see from the kitty condo into the street. smile Those blinds are old cheap ones that came with the house. She's in for a rude awakening when I replace all the windows in the house this year b/c I will put good blinds that are metal on the windows.

smile
[notify]