GO!

Cat pees on bath mat!

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Tinka

Tinka- Flying Bat Cat

Purred: Sun Oct 26, '08 6:59am PST 
My two year old cat pees on the bath mats and on wet towels on the floor. Does he do it because the mats/towels are wet? I have gotten rid of the towels/mats he has previously peed on, but he has done it on fresh ones as well. This is frustrating!!kitty
[notify]

☆Zoril- la☆

When in- Doubt...PURR!

Purred: Sun Oct 26, '08 7:38am PST 
I used to do this, mom solved the problem by not leaving anything on the floor.
[notify]

Patches

Queen of the- House

Purred: Sun Oct 26, '08 9:19am PST 
I did that when Mom brought Rusty in the house! He uses *MY* litterbox!! I get so jealous having to share--everything.

I haven't done it recently.
[notify]

Jet Giotto

Born Friday the- 13th

Purred: Sun Oct 26, '08 1:40pm PST 
I love to pee on any plastic grocery bags that mommy leaves around!
It's my way of telling her to use the recycle paper-based bags she has (she's always forgetting to take them with her).

Hey, its my way of going "green".

Meowies,
~Jet Giotto~
[notify]

Snowflake

Queen of the- Quilt

Purred: Sun Oct 26, '08 5:32pm PST 
I did this in the half-bath after I was fixed. Mom thought I was having a difficult time making it to the box in my post-surgery state and put my box in a more convenient spot. However, even after I healed, even after rugs were washed or replaced, I kept peeing and once pooped on the throw rugs of the half-bath. Finally, Daddy got rid of the last rug in there and left the floor bare. I've never used that room as my personal litter box since. Strange thing is that I never did it on the throw rugs in the full bath.

I did have problems again, though, when the little human began hiding laundry under the bed. I pushed it into a pile and began using that as my new pee station. No surgery excused this time!

The family learned to pick up their stuff and leave the half-bath bare as I am a creative litter box maker.
[notify]

Tabitha

Bridge to- Terabithia,- fairy princess

Purred: Tue Oct 28, '08 4:53pm PST 
My Tabitha pees on Bella, our dog's bed! MOL We eventually had to get rid of it. She also pees on HER INDOOR WEE WEE PADS!

Don't feel bad. Some kitties just don't like litterboxes as much as others. Tabitha will use it for the most part, but if she is not really close to one, she will opt for the wee wee pad. It works for us generally, b/c she at least won't miss it, but she scrunches it all up so our dog can't.

Don't worry about wet towels and such. Maybe she doesn't like the litterbox you have?

We're eventually going to get one of those automatic ones..We're thinking of the Litter Robot.
[notify]