GO!

Are you obedient?

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2  
Selket

Fiend #1.

Purred: Sat Jul 30, '05 8:27pm PST 
Objection; vague, ambiguous and unintilligible.
Define "obedient."
[notify]

Calpurrnia

"Gimme some- catnip and I'm- all yours."

Purred: Sun Jul 31, '05 6:03pm PST 
Hmmmm...I have to side with Selket on this one. smile See...I have my mommy trained pretty well to think I'm obedient because when I do whatever she wants, she gives me what I want. It's a pretty even trade...well, no it's not. I get the better half of the trade. :p

Though, Mommy and I do work very well together to kill buggies. When they come into our house, I track 'em and chirp to get Mommy's attention. She then jumps up from wherever she is and finds the buggy that I've got pinned under my paw. Then she grabs the paper towel, asks me nicely to move, and then scoops it up and kills it and throws it away. We're a tag team. big grin My favorite bugs to kill are fruit flies because they can get concussions pretty easily and it makes them even easier to catch after they've been knocked around a little. wink

~Callie-leigh
[notify]

Jacques

Fiend #2.

Purred: Sun Jul 31, '05 9:10pm PST 
Callie-Leigh, you have your cat mother "trained" fersure! As an acrobat for you... do you stop laughing before you eat the buggies?!
[notify]

Calpurrnia

"Gimme some- catnip and I'm- all yours."

Purred: Sun Jul 31, '05 9:22pm PST 
*giggles* Well...I start to purr at her, which I learned from you and your lovely sister means I'm profoundly something. So when she does her tricks like that and I start to purr...yeah, I guess it is pretty much laughing at her. wink But she doesn't know any different. In fact, she seems to enjoy it because she gets all happy and excited whenever we kill buggies together. smile Oh yeah...and I don't actually eat the buggies. Mommy usually gets them up before I can munch on 'em. But I do get a few swats from my paw on the buggies, so it's almost as good. wink
[notify]

Buddy - 2003-2011

How 'bout a- belly rub?

Purred: Mon Aug 1, '05 10:26pm PST 
Only for my Mommy! Sure, she's just a little girl, but I always come when she calls me because I know how much she loves me. And I know I'll get a good belly rub. I do almost everything she asks me to do!
[notify]

❤Ruben❤- DB #⑩

The Boss

Purred: Tue Aug 2, '05 7:58am PST 
I come when im called if that counts
[notify]

Selket

Fiend #1.

Purred: Tue Aug 2, '05 8:39am PST 
ummm, I think coming when called is how the humans "think" we are obedient, but it is more like "love" or being polite. And safety, because sometimes they call because something important is happening [or going to happen, like shrimp...]
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Purred: Sun Aug 7, '05 10:18pm PST 
I was a lot better before my parents got a dog but I'm still a good boy. I come when called and definately know what "no" means and listen. the only thing i really try to get away with is going in the garage when i get a chance...
[notify]

Moses

Soon....soon the- world shall be- MINE~

Purred: Wed Aug 10, '05 12:55pm PST 
Not even a little bit. I do look at people when they call my name though...most of the time....
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2