GO!

Sitting on Command

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Little Meow

Purred: Mon Apr 10, '06 8:26pm PST 
My cat will sit down at the command "kitty sit," and I trained her to do so many years ago. The people that have seen this trick or have been informed of it think that it is amazing, and can't believe that I trained her to do so. They all claim that sitting down is a dog trick, and that cats don't do that. I don't find anything odd about it, and I was wondering if anyone else's cats can sit or do other "dog" tricks on command.
[notify]

Callie

Callie cat,- Callie cat

Purred: Mon Apr 10, '06 8:57pm PST 
OooooOoOoooOo do tell how your mom taught you! What a neat thing for a cat to do. Great job!!
[notify]

Dr. Morris- Excalibur- Jonathan

Fast & Furry

Purred: Mon Apr 10, '06 9:52pm PST 
Me and my brother both sit on command.I've been taught to roll over,lay down,and alot more.
Sitting is acutally very easy thing to teach,The Slave only knows about kittens.She says what you do is grab a treat,repeat the sit command until you do so,because for us it was a natrual reaction to sit when we see a treat,it was easy for us.But anyway,after you do sit down give the treat as a reward,petting is also a great reward.
[notify]

Murphy

I am king of the- jungle

Purred: Tue Apr 11, '06 1:36pm PST 
WELL I don't sit on command but I'm getting good at COME and momma is trying hard at "PLAY DEAD" but I've only done it once and I don't remember what I did! LOL But I walk on a harness and a leash without much effort so momma is happy!
[notify]

R.I.P~- Snickers!~&h- earts;

~♥Gone But- Still Here In- owr Heart

Purred: Tue Apr 11, '06 6:46pm PST 
Yes! I have been taut too Sit, Roll over, Play Dead, Beg, Fetch, " Sit Pritty " ( this is wean I sit up streat and look at mommy. ) and Most resently ~ Hi Five! Im SoOoOoOo Proud of Myself !MOL!

Mesege From Mommy: Yes! Im very proud of what Snickers can do i just have " Shake " The treat contaner and she will Sit, Sit Pritty and So on! Yes! My family and friends are relly saprized at this so I try to freak them out with new tricks etch time! LOL!

Love: Snickers!♥!
[notify]

Marina

Truman\'s Girl

Purred: Tue Apr 11, '06 8:36pm PST 
Sitting was very easy for me. I can come also. And I can sit like a "pretty princess." That means on mommy's shoulder and arm. I'm sure I know other commands (like "Marina down" or "Marina stop that") but I can't remember what they are.
[notify]

Milo

Purred: Wed Apr 12, '06 11:10am PST 
I can sit, too.

I learned, "focus", as a little kitten. It's where I focus on Mom. I do get disctracted sometimes.. but I'm getting better.

I can also "stay" (which helps a lot when Mom's trying to get in her room), "come" (although I come.. don't try 'an touch me!), "jump" (I actually was pretty good at this when Mom got me.. I was already a skilled jumper!), "high-five" (sometimes I don't do it.. but I will stand on my hind-legs and give you a high-five if I feel like it). I also know some agility.. Mom's dumb-founded on how I know all this. I would learn stuff very quickly.

Ah, I know a few "treat tricks".

Mom hasn't been able to practice with me lately, though, because after Mama'Kitty left I think I need to be the one incharge.
[notify]

Saffron

I'm just here to- be adored!

Purred: Wed Apr 12, '06 2:11pm PST 
I sit -- give my paw AND I just learned how to high five. It's really not that difficult, but YOU HAD better have a treat handy. I'm not working for free here!

hehe

OH YEAH, I almost forgot... when my purrents say "Saffy LOOK" I look and I also come when I'm called, if I'm in another part of the house. Of course I'm hoping they are going to play with me or that I'm getting a treat.

Love,
Saffron

Edited by author Wed Apr 12, '06 2:14pm PST

[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Wed Apr 12, '06 2:15pm PST 
Meows, I can sit on command, too. I also do it when I want to be fed. I sit in front of my bowl or by the shelf where my Human keeps my canned food and treats. I also know what "up" means: jump onto the coffee table and lie down for a brushing or sit on a chair.

My Human trained a friend's cat a long time ago to sit, lie down, roll over, and wiggle.
[notify]

Ray

Ray of Light

Purred: Thu Apr 13, '06 8:57am PST 
I can sit, go thourgh a tunnel on command, jump onto shoulder, come when called and fix a flat
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2