GO!

Biting

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Pumpkin

Lover of catnip.

Purred: Thu Apr 20, '06 6:57am PST 
I bite my mommy alot when we're playing.All mommy does is say "ow" and then laughs or meows at me.I really don't have any advice to give,Jade.
[notify]

Lucy

Professor Meow- Meow

Purred: Thu Apr 20, '06 7:55pm PST 
I think you're over excited when playing, and will probably grow out of the biting!!

I was gonna make a thread about this, but this one seems good and I don't want to be repetitive. When I was a kitten i hardly ever bit or anything (scratched when wrestling is about it) but now my human is noticing her hands and arms are all scratched up. Why after a year or two would I start scratching her? I come up to get petted, and roll around, but after two stokes I grab her.
Anyone have any clues on the behaviour change? Thanks!
[notify]

Orca The- Killer- Kitten

It's a tux thing

Purred: Mon Apr 24, '06 10:54pm PST 
kind sounds like your just wanting to play lucy and just don't realize your claws are sharp. I am a nipper and will attack peoples legs if I know them and like them. To me if I like you then your just another cat to play with and I am still a little 8 week old kitten that can do no harm...smile I don't realize that I am actually a 11 lb adult. I do have the courtisy to only attack legs that are not bare. Even though I sometimes can't resist nipping a bare foot or two. Sometimes I will seek pets and then decide I want to do a little wrestling instead after a stroke or two and don't realize that my claws are actually in need of a good clipping. Do you have any brother or sisters? I have not played as rough with the servants in the house since my brother boots came along. I finally realized that I was actually hurting them instead of playing with them. But that doesn't mean I have stopped attacking legs.....smile I am trying to teach this trick to my brother..smile
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2