GO!

Litter Problem

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Dr. Morris- Excalibur- Jonathan

Fast & Furry

Purred: Thu Apr 6, '06 8:30pm PST 
Well,there's two problems.I like to open the container full of fresh litter and poop in it,which makes The Slave very mad.I also step in my poo and try to cover it with invisable litter,smearing the wall with feces and urine.She's not too happy about that either,she says she has no where else to put it.It's not a big deal for me,but she says it is,so I let her post it.

Purrs and Headbutts,
Morris
[notify]

Sophie♥- ;

Wally's Forever- Love

Purred: Thu Apr 6, '06 9:39pm PST 
Well, I can help with part of that...Try the litter box called "Clever Cat" We all love it here, except the biggest cats can't fit. It is totally different, in that it is like a Rubbermaid tote, with a large hole in the top. The lid is extra strong for kitty to sit on, and has channels to trap litter that clings to the feet. It is fairly deep, so the scratching after happens inside the pan, not on the wall! As for getting into the new litter, maybe mom could store that in a rubbermaid tote too, and you could not get it open!
[notify]

Dr. Morris- Excalibur- Jonathan

Fast & Furry

Purred: Thu Apr 6, '06 9:46pm PST 
Thanks!The Slave says she'll try to stoe it somewhere else,but I've learned to open up almost everything.She says she will try to put it in a closet,but it's going to be a pain carrying it,but,anything for us.
[notify]

Azurine- Ambrosia

I DID NOT DO IT

Purred: Fri Apr 7, '06 5:39am PST 
tell your human, to get one of the square buckets that some litter or cat food come in and put your litter in it and snap the top down, not even a dog can get in there. Second she could cover the wall around your litter tray with carpet which will remove the poo and litter from your feet and give you something to scratch on, sort of a two and one deal, an a piece of carpet where you get out of the tray will help.. mom used one of the step outs that was rubber, I hated it... I have a long low tray so I get in an out easy and have lots of room. I a big girlie...Bluie
[notify]