GO!

Why does my cat keep putting his toys by his food dish

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Austin- Valentino- loving- memory

Nothing But The- BEST

Purred: Thu Mar 16, '06 8:39pm PST 
Hi
My mom wants to understand why I keep putting my two stuffed toy mice by my main food dish when she is gone for the day. She thinks it is because I am lonely since I lost my brother. Is she right?
[notify]

Austin- Valentino- loving- memory

Nothing But The- BEST

Purred: Thu Mar 16, '06 9:03pm PST 
P.S. I don't just put them by the dish randomly--I put one on each side of the dish. My mommy moves them and I just keep putting them back. Do I need more attention?
[notify]

Rocky

I'm King of- their castle!

Purred: Fri Mar 17, '06 6:56pm PST 
I do the same thing with my toy ball. Mommy doesn't know why I do it either. I've been an only cat for the past six years. I didn't always do it and she would be home sometimes when I would do it. I just recently got a new buddy this past weekend. Let's see if I continue to do it.
[notify]

Toffy

Head of- household

Purred: Fri Mar 17, '06 8:07pm PST 
Hey, sounds like you guys are playing tea party!
[notify]

Kate♥

I'm your lucky- charm

Purred: Fri Mar 17, '06 9:46pm PST 
This isn't quite the same, but my cats put their catnip fuzzy mice in their water bowls all the time!
[notify]

BOO BOO-MAMA- MISSES- YOU10/2/06

ALWAYS IN MY- MAMA'S- HEART-6/7/93-10/- 2/06

Purred: Fri Mar 17, '06 10:36pm PST 
YOUR TWO STUFFED TOY MICIES ARE YOUR BABIES AND YOU WANT THEM TO BE SAFE WHEN YOU'RE HOME ALONE?!?!?!?! I'M JUST TAKING A WILD GUESS!!! THAT SOUNDS ADORABLE THOUGH! GOT A PICTURE OF THAT??!? AND I AM VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LOSS SWEETHEART!

WET WHISKER KISSES!!!!
LOVE,
BOO BOO'S
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
[notify]

Pai Mei

Purred: Sat Mar 18, '06 5:21am PST 
My mom wonders why I put my favorite toy, a foil-y ornament-like ball, in my food bowl. Her answer to everything: 'Hey, he's a cat!' =^.^=
[notify]

Lucy

Professor Meow- Meow

Purred: Sat Mar 18, '06 8:35am PST 
Maybe hes trying to organize all his stuff in one place?
Kate- think that they're trying to flavour the water?
My cat starts piling them on the bed while I'm sleeping in it. Ever wake up with fifteen crinks in ur back? and a mouse stuck to your face? Mol.
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Sat Mar 18, '06 9:56am PST 
I have lots of toys around my bowls. Sometimes I put toys in my food bowl, too. Methinks this is just a habit some felines have. Some felines see mouse toys as "food" and like to keep them near the food bowl.
[notify]

TGM Gimli DB- #101a

Play Hard, Sleep- Hard!

Purred: Sat Mar 18, '06 10:59am PST 
Kahlan and I put toys by our food bowls. Usually a grey mouse or my favorite toy-- my gold, glittery toy that looks like a package with a red ribbon.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2