GO!

Destroying toilet paper

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
RANDY

Fluffy

Purred: Wed Jan 18, '06 9:06am PST 
My 10 month old RANDY likes to destroy the toilet paper. My bathroom is pretty small and there really isn't a place to move it or keep it besides on the roller. My son doesn't remember to shut the door to the bathroom to keep him out.

Any suggestions how to break the habit of him destroying it with his teeth??
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Purred: Wed Jan 18, '06 10:49am PST 
From Cleo: Ooooo... I love that game!

From Cleo's mom: Dribble a few drops of lemon juice into the paperboard tube. He'll (hopefully) hate the smell and leave it alone.
[notify]

Dubya

Sir Dub-dubbs- the Magnificent

Purred: Wed Jan 18, '06 11:26am PST 
Hehehe you can see me doing that on my kitty page. Mom hasn't discovered how to stop me, either!
[notify]

Daphne

Mommy's Daffodil

Purred: Thu Jan 19, '06 3:20am PST 
Hee, hee! I have a picture on my kitty page too! I used to drag it throughout the house. Luckily mom finally got Dad to remember to close the bathroom door. That was our only solution, I was relentless and it was so much fun!
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Purred: Wed Jan 18, '06 8:08pm PST 
MOL... Go look at Desi. She looks like a kitty who knows how to have fun with paper.
[notify]

Sugar

Got milk rings?

Purred: Thu Jan 19, '06 5:48pm PST 
oooooooo toilet paper! I don't bother it on the wall, but if there is a roll waiting to be put up, that's fair game!
[notify]

Spice- (Spicey)

Where's the- food?

Purred: Thu Jan 19, '06 5:49pm PST 
Paper towels are good fun, too! I jump on the counter and chew away!
[notify]

Taffy- (forever- loved)- ADB#30

Hear me Purrr!

Purred: Fri Jan 20, '06 5:52am PST 
What fun! When I was a kitten mom would come home from work and the roll would be strung from one end of the house to the other.
She never did figure out how to stop me from doing it, I guess I just outgrew it or got bored with it.
[notify]

Bagheera

Purred: Fri Jan 20, '06 7:54am PST 
Forget toilet paper - try attacking an entire roll of paper towels... I've figured out how to open the cupboard where my mom keeps them I push them out onto the floor and DESTROY...... my mom now put child locks on the cupboards..as for toilet paper.. I'm not allowed in the bathroom and there's a sign on the door to remind people to close it. I like to pee on bathroom rugs wink
[notify]

Eames

Purred: Fri Jan 20, '06 8:17am PST 
When Eames was younger, he used to do this. His litterbox is in the bathroom, so closing the door wasn't feasible. I just started putting a rubber band around the tp. That way he couldn't role it all out onto the ground. He still chewed on it for a while, but eventually learned that it wasn't as fun anymore. Now I don't have to have the rubber band on it, and he leaves it alone. It might be worth a try, depending on how ingrained the fun of the toilet paper is to your kitty. smile
[notify]

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3