GO!

Poopie on the rug!

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Mya

Look at Carlitos- and I! I love- you C!

Purred: Sat Oct 15, '05 9:55pm PST 
Hey... I know this isn't LADYLIKE, but sometimes when my mommy is gone, I drop bombs on the rug..... PLEASE DONT TELL *cry*
[notify]

Fallon

Stop looking at- me, you're- scaring me

Purred: Sun Oct 16, '05 8:07am PST 
*whispers* I do it too sometimes... And sometimes I do it when mom is home!
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Purred: Sun Oct 16, '05 7:45pm PST 
Well, accidents will happen. If it's happening too often to be an accident, then you need to decide what you are trying to tell your mom. For example, I don't like to pee and poop in the same box, so I have to have two litterboxes. Other kitties don't like to use a litterbox that is too close to the food. Then there are kitties who get constipated and become litterbox averse. (It hurts to use the box, so we try to find a place where it feels better to poop and that becomes a habit.) People get frustrated when we do stuff like this but they have to admit that it gets their attention!
[notify]

Mya

Look at Carlitos- and I! I love- you C!

Purred: Mon Oct 17, '05 5:59pm PST 
Thank you! *sniff*
[notify]

Fallon

Stop looking at- me, you're- scaring me

Purred: Tue Oct 18, '05 4:28am PST 
I go on the rug because some other cat made poops there a long time ago and I can still smell it. My mom has tried shampooing the rug twice and scrubbing the ares with Simple solution but I just keep going back!
[notify]

Kid- (1993-2011)

I'm a- Million-Dollar- Cat

Purred: Thu Oct 27, '05 5:58am PST 
I do it too! Boy, am I glad to see that there are other cats out there just like me. I have megacolon so I get backed up and sometimes I get scared of the box. Other kitties (not in our house) don't like any kind of dirty in the box - it might be worthwhile to invest in a LitterMaid (although their lifespan is about 2-3 years for such an expensive thing) to keep the box area very clean.

My Mommy and Daddy use enzyme cleaners to get the bacteria and smell out of the carpet so I don't smell it there again and think that's a good place to go. Simple Solution should work - another to try is Nature's Miracle. Start by using an Oxy formula, then blot that all up, then do the enzymes.
[notify]

Holly Anne- Elizabeth

I'm a person- too!

Purred: Thu Oct 27, '05 8:55pm PST 
I leave poopies the rug when i am mad at my mom. She works from home, so I'm used to having her around a lot and getting a lot of attention. If for some reason she leaves me alone for a long period of time I express my dissatisfaction by pooping on the rug. Mom usually scolds me about it, but afterwards she is apologetic for leaving me home alone for so long and gives me lots of love.

I've done it several times, and always in a different spot so it has nothing to do with any lingering odors from the previous incident. Also, I always leave the suprise in a very prominent location so my mom is sure to see it as soon as she gets home.
[notify]

Holly Anne- Elizabeth

I'm a person- too!

Purred: Thu Oct 27, '05 8:58pm PST 
I leave poopies the rug when i am mad at my mom. She works from home, so I'm used to having her around a lot and getting a lot of attention. If for some reason she leaves me alone for a long period of time I express my dissatisfaction by pooping on the rug. Mom usually scolds me about it, but afterwards she is apologetic for leaving me home alone for so long and gives me lots of love.

I've done it several times, and always in a different spot so it has nothing to do with any lingering odors from the previous incident. Also, I always leave the suprise in a very prominent location so my mom is sure to see it as soon as she gets home.
[notify]

Grizabella

The Glamour Cat

Purred: Thu Oct 27, '05 10:25pm PST 
Mya.. you seem like you have long hair like me, sometimes our "stuff" gets caught in our fur back there.. so we leave little "dingleberries" on the carpet..
[notify]