GO!

I love chewing on plastic bags!!!

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Other posts by this user

Purred: Thu Oct 6, '05 6:10pm PST 
Every chance I get!! Mommy goes out of her way to put them out of my reach but I always manage to find SOMETHING that is plastic so I can chew on it. Trash bag, whatever. That's how I lost one of my 9 lives--mommy caught me chewing a bag once and actually pulled about 6 inches of plastic out of my mouth. I don't know why I chew those things, I just do. Maybe to bring up fur balls, it does seem to help. Anyone else like to chew on bags?
[notify]

Marina

Truman\'s Girl

Purred: Fri Oct 7, '05 7:44am PST 
I used to just hide in the bags but now I like to chew on them too. I know it isn't food, I just like to chew. Mommy leaves a couple out for us to play with because Velvet always liked them. But since I started chewing on the bags recently, Mommy said she is going to put them up when she gets home from work today. She said she doesn't want me to get carried away and start eating them.
[notify]

Moira

I will not be- disturbed. Go- away.

Purred: Tue Feb 28, '06 4:50pm PST 
I don't think I've ever chewed plastic (unless as a means to get to something better, like a loaf of bread), but I get a kick out of licking plastic bags.
[notify]

Sammy

I rule!

Purred: Tue Feb 28, '06 3:43pm PST 
I love plastic bags so much! I like to bite them and lick them and play with them. Mommy was afraid I would swallow some and get sick.

Well, a couple of weeks ago I got really sick. I started throwing up clear liquid and couldn't eat and just moped around, which really scared Mommy since I'm usually so healthy and energetic. She and Daddy took me to an emergency vet and they did xrays, which showed a possible obstruction and a huge amount of gas in my bowel and stomach. But they didn't think it was worth operating for yet, but to keep me away from the other cats and monitor what I put in the litter tray.

The next day I had a HUGE amount of really ucky , foamy, gray diarrhea that smelled so bad Mommy almost got sick. But after that I was fine. Mommy thinks I must have managed to pass whatever was obstructing me. What do you think?

Sammy
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Purred: Fri Oct 7, '05 11:11am PST 
I know, isn't it so tempting????? Be careful though not to chew off a piece because you could really get hurt. Thanks for your response!
[notify]

Mitzi

Surviving cancer- for: 9 weeks

Purred: Sun Oct 16, '05 8:04am PST 
I chew plastic bags! I like to chew them when I want something else because it always gets mom's attention. Hehehe...
[notify]

Dr. Morris- Excalibur- Jonathan

Fast & Furry

Purred: Sun Oct 16, '05 6:02pm PST 
I love chewing on plastic!It is tempting,I don't know why I do it.I just do.
[notify]

Crunch (In- Memory)

Pet me more- please.

Purred: Mon Oct 24, '05 10:46am PST 
I used to love playing in plastic bags and sleeping on them. That made my human worry a lot, so what she did was this:

When ever she came home from the store and had a plastic bag, or was pulling one out of the cupboard to clean our litter box, she would make sure to really shake them out and make a LOT of noise with them. This scared my brother and I so much, that we didn't want to go near plastic bags ever again!
[notify]

Crunch (In- Memory)

Pet me more- please.

Purred: Mon Oct 24, '05 10:46am PST 
I used to love playing in plastic bags and sleeping on them. That made my human worry a lot, so what she did was this:

When ever she came home from the store and had a plastic bag, or was pulling one out of the cupboard to clean our litter box, she would make sure to really shake them out and make a LOT of noise with them. This scared my brother and I so much, that we didn't want to go near plastic bags ever again!
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Purred: Mon Oct 24, '05 10:53am PST 
Thanks for the suggestion, Crunch! Maybe it would work with me too. I'll tell mommy.

Love
Midnight Helen
[notify]

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4