November 11th 2011 5:50 am
[ View A Comments (5) ]
Well, it seems breakfast and supper are served an hour late around here now. Are they allowed to do that? Change the serving times on us like that? I need to find my contract and see if that is in there. You know that we all sign a contract before moving in with our humans, right? I think I signed mine when I was at the white coats a long time ago. I remember they had some paperwork out just before I fell asleep and some human was holding my paw too. So I guess I must have signed it. This was when I lost my front claws and I think I lost something else too. I just remember feeling different when I woke up. Not bad, just different. Calmer around girlcats for sure.
Anyway, back to my contract. If I remember correctly – and I might have dreamed this - the contract says that I, a cat, am to provide to the human(s):
• Warmth and snuggles when needed
• Comfort and purrs as much as needed
• A listening ear when needed
• A happy disposition always
• I agreed to use my teeth and claws sparingly and never to cause any serious injury.
• I agreed to listen to whatever name the human chooses to call me.
• I am to allow the human to call me all kinds of cute pet names (*shudder* why is that in there).
In return the human will provide to me:
• Food as much as needed
• A warm place to sleep
• A litter box
• Protection from danger
• Belly rubs and chin scritches on command
• Reasonable amount of playtime
• Will always look out for my best interests and never, ever abandon me, even when I’m old.
I think I had them put that last clause in there because the last humans I had, before this Mom, they actually abandoned me when they had to move. I think this is a pretty good contract. The woofers usually have more complicated contracts. They have to do all kinds of stuff. Now I need to find my contract and see if there are set food serving times in the fine print.
Off to look through Mom’s paperwork,
You are full of wisdom, Timo!
Contracts?! I shall have to go and sneak through the office part of this den and hunt for ours...tonight when we are alone when meowmy is at work...
Wow I didn't think to read the fine print...Thanks Timo!
dodd..we noe de name oh a grate CATtorney if ewe want, we will send ewe his biziness card sew ewe can gets restitution for contract failure
I gots a contract from the place that adopted me that my parents signed when they took me home, but I like this one. I might try to get mommy to sign this one too, can never have too many! Although... mommy would never abandon or overlook me, I'm her baby boys!
sorry, timo, you've signed the wrong contract... you know, there are two sorts of paperworks: between THEM and between US and THEM. - - - i preferred to sign this before i moved in here:
- don't harm anyone, not even the cat, by silly actions (includes proper health care, no risk sports, no window falls etc.)
and be happy about that.
needless to mention that WE have no discussions on feeding times... ;)