October 6th 2010 2:15 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]
Mommy thinks I'm a terrorist as I almost burned down the house yesterday evening! Of course, this was all an accidental slip on the kitchen stove knob when I tried to scale to the top of the pantry. I've been up to that pantry before and have never accidentally turned on the stove. I'm copping to this as nocat else goes up to that pantry. Merl used to do it, but now he's too big and fat to get up there.
When Mommy came home there were natural gas fumes in the house and the one burner was shooting out medium sized flames which didn't go above the part that you put cooking pans on. It was also rather warm inside.
Anyway, she was in a panic and opened the kitchen and dining room windows and the front door. She also opened several upstairs windows to air it out. She kept everything open for a whole hour.
All us kitties are okay, but at first she couldn't find Bail, and that raised her panic level a few notches.
All in all, Mommy took off the two knobs nearest to the pantry. She couldn't remove the other two as her hands weren't strong enough to pull them off without wrist pain.
She's looking for child proof stove knob covers and is having a hard time finding anybody who sells them. She found a place online called BabySafeAmerica.com but they don't have a way you can order them unless you call their 1-800 no. Of course, Home Depot doesn't carry them as they are a specialty item.
Well, that's about it. I have to be more careful I suppose and not be so destructive.
Purrs & Breeps,
Leave A Comment | 1 person already has
Well I'm glad your mommy was able to pull off those two knobs. You must be more careful Landy! You don't want to burn down your house! Especially not with winter just around the corner. *headbonks*