November 29th 2009 3:16 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
Mom just now got on the computer to check her emails and lo and behold, I'm Catster's "Diary of the Day!" OMC! OMC! Thank mew so much, Catster HQ. This is the first honor I've received on Catster and I am so grateful for it. This is a momentous occasion indeed! Thank you so much to the kitties who have left gifties, sent friend requests, p-mailed me with their congratulations, and commented on my diary!
Specifically, thanks so much to Casey for the yummy shrimp and congratulations, Mercy for the pretty maple leaf and congratulations, Kallie and Joey for their friend request & congratulations, Samoa & Family for their friend request & congratulations, Angel Sam, KiKi, and Ember for their friend request & congratulations, Angel Buddie and Family for the sweet congratulations note they sent me, Lucy over at K.A.T. (Kappa Alpha Tau) for the lovely congratulations message, and Tinkerbell for the sweet comment she left on my diary! If I've forgotten anyone, I'm so sorry! Meowmy and I shall respond to the gifties, requests, p-mails, and comments ASAP!
Thanks also for the prayers for Reggie's return. Meowmy I appreciate your good wishes, congratulations, kindness, and generosity more than words can say! May God bless you all. We hope you are having a delightful Sunday at home with your families.
Congratulations to all of the other Diary Picks today, as well! Enjoy your day in the spotlight! >^-^<
Mom & I still can't believe I'm Diary of the Day. It warms Mom's heart to see my little Lynx Point face on Catster's homepage! We're so blessed! Thanks again, HQ! Purrhaps Mom will give me some extra luvvins and some turkey treats today.
Extra-Purry Hugs & Nudges Galore,
P.S. Thanks a million to the anonymous treat giver(s) who left me a bunch of treats on my page! The treats are so scrumptious, thank you! :D
November 26th 2009 12:54 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]
Hello Dear Furiends,
First of all, let me wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving! May you and your loving families have a beautiful, blessed, and safe Thanksgiving. We all certainly have a lot to be thankful for!
I'm thankful for many, many things, including all of you. I know I haven't been in touch with you recently, and I apawlogize. There's been a lot going on, which I will fill you in on in a minute. But first of all, I shall list 5 wonderful things I am thankful for:
1. All of you-my dear Catster Furiends! I am so thankful for this supurr Catster Community. Also, I am thankful that my Mom upgraded to Catster Plus because it's so much fun (for me and her)!
2. My loving Mom & family. I am so thankful I was adopted over 5 years ago (August of 2004) and given a loving furever home, where I am warm, cherished, adored, loved, and well-cared for. I wish with all of my furry little heart that all the kitties in shelters this Thanksgiving will soon come to know this wonderful feeling of having a loving, furever home. I really love my Mom 'cause she gives me kisses, talks to me, gives me luvs, takes care of me, and takes pics of me!
3. My yummy dry food & water that I eat and drink every day. My food & water gives me the energy I need to live! Sometimes, I get wet food and treats, too-I am a lucky kitty! And, best of all, I get to drink out of Rocco the fish's bowl without any reprimanding-that water is the best! It's so fishy-tasting!
4. My nudge-sessions with Mom and my other family members. I am thankful that they give me their heads to headbutt and that they pet me and say, "Aww, Nellie, what a sweet girl you are!" This makes my purr motor erupt, full-speed ahead!
5. My balcony visits. At my house, there are two balconies, one in the front and one in the back. Often, I am let out onto the back balcony to get some fresh air and look at nature. Mom makes sure to keep tabs on me while I'm out on the balcony, and it's a safe way to visit the outdoors, as I am confined to a specific place.
I have many more things to be thankful for, which I plan to list throughout the next few days. Meanwhile, let me briefly update you on what's been going on:
Most unfortunately, my brother Reggie has been missing for over a month (he went missing October 15th). My mom's heart is broken, as she misses him so much. He was such a loyal furry furiend to her, so handsome, so regal, so sweet, and so much more. Mom put up fliers around the neighborhood and has been in contact with the local animal shelter, but no sign of beloved Reggie. Mom's heart hurts, but she's beginning to accept that Reggie might not come back. Often, Mom will stop for a minute and be reminded of Reggie, and long for him to return.
Though it's a little hard for Mom to come onto Catster because Reggie's missing, she comes on for me and because she knows that all of you dear furiends will support us in this hard time of need. While Mom has updated my page considerably, she has left Reggie's the same as it was in early October, before he went missing. Mom will probably revise Reggie's page in a little while to add some pictures and make it a memory page (and give it a Christmas feel). It may be within the next few days that she'll update Reggie's page, or it may be within a week or so. Right now, she is still trying to come to terms with the loss of Reggie. (While we still hold onto the hope that Reggie could come back, we are trying to also accept the fact that we must move on and celebrate his life.) Thank you all for understanding. My page has been updated with pictures and captions and Thanksgiving cheer, and it will probably be updated within the next few days for Christmas.
Okay, so sorry that this has turned out this long!!!! I hope all of you dear furiends know that I love you all so very much, and I appreciate your furiendship. My Mom does, too.
Purry Thanksgiving Hugs and Nudges Galore,
Nellie & Mom
December 19th 2008 1:30 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
It's December 19th, meowmy. Less than one week 'til Christmas! And you JUST NOW decorate me and Reggie's pages? Sheesh! Oh well...I'll give you props for doing them...I guess it could be worse...we could have undecorated pages or you could have decorated them Christmas Eve...
Wishing all my Catster Furiends a Very Merry Christmas! For those of you who do not celebrate Christmas, Season's Greetings!
Purry Hugs, Some of My Famous Nudges, and Sweetness Galore!
P.S. Meowmy, Reggie, and I are so sorry for lacking in our Catster duties-with Christmas break here, meowmy should be able to get back on track! Reggie & I got a fresh supply of zealies from voting in the World's Coolest, too-thank you, Catster H.Q. Now we're raring to go to celebrate the holidays with our Catster furiends!