Photo Comments (2)
Sex: Male Weight: 13 lbs.
|Home:Columbus, OH ||[I have a diary!] |
Photo Comments (1)
Leave a treat for Joe Gray. RIP Oct. 30, 2015
Special Gift Box:
Joe-Joe, the Tailless Wonder
| ||Activeness|| || |
| ||Intelligence|| || |
| ||Curiosity|| || |
| ||Friendliness|| || |
| ||Vocal|| || || |
April 4th 2006
scritches and food
Favorite Nap Spot:
on top the carrier
indoors and outdoors
Joe is actually a stray in the neighborhood. I had been seeing him around for about a month or two. I was never able to get close to him, but it was very obvious he had a serious problem with his tail. Finally, he discovered there was food on my porch and he started coming to eat. After about a week, he decided I could pet him. His poor tail...it was completely dead and was mostly just dried skin stretched over the bones of the tail with about 2 to 3 inches of non healthy looking tail. I picked him up and brought him inside and put him in the dog crate...that was one week ago today.
Joe came into the house on March, 28, s008. On Monday March 31st, he went to the veterinarian to have a tailectomy. We discovered that Joe had already been neutered. Joe came back to my house that evening after his operation with about an inch stub of a tail. Some of you may be familiar with a series of books by Shirley Rousseau Murphy. Her main character is a tomcat named Joe Grey. that Joe also had an incident that caused him to lose his tail, sooooo...Joe Gray seemed to be a very fitting name. Joe is still inside, but because I already have way too many kitties inside, I probably won't be able to keep in inside. I am hoping to find him a good furever home, but will at least do all I can to care for him when he goes back outside.
I put Joe back outside today(4-6-08) as I could not continue to keep him caged and I could not keep him inside. He stood on the porch for a moment and then took off like a shot, seemingly headed somewhere with great purpose. I hope he was headed to his home. Although I do have to wonder about his people who did not seem to be doing anything about his poor dead tail. I am hoping and praying very hard that he will come back for food and pets. Keep Joe in your good thoughts. I only wish I could have kept him.
Joe has come back...he showed up last night and has been fairly nearby most of the day today. I think my house has become "home " for him. I do hope so.
The Last Forum I Posted In:
The Italian Festa
I've Been On Catster Since:
|April 4th 2008
||More than 8 years!
Rosette, Star and Special Gift History
See all my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends
March 17th 2009 4:24 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
Copy this diary entry, and paste it into your diary. Read then delete my answers. Then you can fill in your own! We can get to know our pals better!! Have fun!! Then send a rosette or pmail to 4 pals and ask them to post it in their diary!!!!
Here we GO!!!!!
1. What color is your collar? I don't have a collar
2. What kind of food do you eat? Friskies canned food in the morning and Meow Mix dry the rest of the time
3. What are your favorite treats? gosh, don't really get a lot of treats...hamburger sometimes or greenies.
4. Do you have a Valentine or significant other?? I just got engaged to the beautiful Jean Louise...AKA Weezer
5. Do you get Table Scraps? Occasionally but not too often. The dog usually gets them.
6. What is your favorite toy? The laser light
7. When is your Birthday? hm, mom doesn't know cause I was a grown when I found mom.
8. How many times a day do you get to eat? Wet in the morning, dry is always available.
9. Do you have a favorite color? why, its gray, of course.
10. Do you hope all your pals puts this in their diary? Yes!
Let's see I think I'll tag?
See all diary entries for Joe Gray. RIP Oct. 30, 2015|