Close X


My New Life

Goodbye Thomas

December 14th 2010 1:42 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

We lost Thomas on November 18th due to renal failure. He fought a hard fight but when he turned down his favorite ice cream (butter pecan) we knew it was time. My husband and I have taken his passing hard. He was my baby from the moment he walked into our house, we were very in tune with each other. We miss you handsome man.


The 'rents are annoyed

April 28th 2009 10:04 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

Man do one cool thing and everyone's all bent out of shape.

So what if I brought a bird in last night. So what if mom got up at 3am because she heard me in the hallway. So what if I brought the bird in again after mom put it out. So what if said bird is now no longer with us. Why is this a big deal, I'm a cat. A cat that was raised in the country and had to make do on my own for the better part of the first year of my life.

Mom and Dad are not happy with me at all.



December 15th 2008 6:00 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

Lot of stuff has gone on lately. One of the most interesting things was the mouse incident.

One morning mom was sleeping in the front room with us because there was a big storm and Wade was freaked out. So she heard me playing in the bathroom at about 3:30am and yelled at me to stop and come back to bed. Well I was quiet till about 4:15 or so and I started getting loud again so she came into see what I was doing. There I sat on top of the bathroom scale trying to look innocent and cute (not to sure about the first one but I know I nailed the second one). Mom saw the tip of a tail from under the scale and she thought I brought in another lizard. Boy you should have seen her face when she picked that scale up and realized it was a mouse. A big honkin' field mouse. I can't use the word that came out of her mouth; it wasn't a nice word. I chased the mouse out of the bathroom, it scared the dogs and they took off in opposite directions and it ran over mom's foot. Finally she got it in the clothes basket and took it outside. I let her know quite loudly that I didn't care for decision but to no avail, she let him go anyway.


Hurricane Ike & I got to see Nana!

September 24th 2008 6:34 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

On the 13th of September the gulf coast got hit with a hurricane named Ike. Unbeknownst to me that's where I moved to when I left Nana's house. Well on the Thursday before the storm my mom frantically packed the car and we evacuated. She put me in my new carrier, NOT HAPPY! And I made sure for the first 2 1/2 hours of a 4 hour trip that she wasn't happy either. Can you say howl, scream and generally carry on. Not very becoming of a cool cat like me but hey I was stressed.

We showed up at Nana's house later that morning. I was very excited to see Nana again although I hid it pretty well, didn't want to appear uncouth. All of Nana's cats were still there, there's one named Tessie that is a hot dish but she wouldn't have anything to do with me. I don't understand it, at my house all the girls want to get to know me but she won't give me the time of day. I did get to climb trees and chase bugs and sleep with mom & dad so overall I had a pretty good time.

We came back on Sunday and it was really stressful, so again I let mom know I wasn't happy; all the way home. It was raining and there were trees and wires down and then the roads started flooding, mom was really nervous. Luckily we got through all that and made it home.

I had a hard time once we got home. I wasn't happy, I didn't want to come in the house and I didn't eat much. Mom was worried about me, but she came outside and spent time on the patio with me. She checked me out for bumps and injuries and petted and talked to me. Then we played for a little while and I felt better. Now I'm back to normal, I guess I was a little traumatized, but don't tell my friends I don't want them to laugh at me, I have a rep to protect.



March 19th 2008 11:47 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

I love lizards, they're so much fun!!! I like to bring them inside and leave them all over the house. Mom usually finds them and when she squeels I can't help but giggle. I left one in the couch the other day and when Mom sat down to watch TV it ran across her leg, now that's comedy gold. Or the time I left one in the bathroom scrunched up in the rug, when mom straightend out the rug it ran across the floor, holy moly that's good stuff. The other day dad was on the phone and saw me sitting ever so sweetly in the kitchen and he noticed that I had something in my mouth, it was a live lizard, he made me spit it out darn it, I was planning to put it in their bed so mom could find it later.


I've found my home

February 26th 2008 7:33 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

It's been two months since I've been in Baytown and I got to tell you I'm digging the family life. I've got a dog door so I can come and go as I please, I stay in at night and I can sleep anywhere i want, well except for my parents bed but I'm working on it. I have all the food I need and it's the good stuff too. I also have two big galoots (dogs) that I love to snuggle with and torment.

The only thing I'm not so happy about is the veterinarian. I was a homeless kitty before I came here so I had some issues, nothing major, Just a respiratory infection and a yeast infection in my ears. The chest stuff has cleared up but since I don't make it easy to get the drops in my ears (come on people it's stored in the fridge and they are cold) it's been tough to be consistent with the drops and tough getting it under control. Hopefully I'll be in good shape this weekend when I go in for my FIV booster (joy).

Other than that I'm a playful, happy and if I do say so myself, gorgeous kitty, and my folks love me. I'm sticking around here furever.

  Sort By Oldest First



Family Pets



(What does RSS do?)